1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The word of Kaz in these troubled times

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steamy, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

Do you guys remember a while back when Kaz sent out that inspiring email I'm just gonna copy and paste that here as a reminder to you all that were apart of this community when it was sent out and for all of you new to the community to you can see it all credit goes to Kaz for the email.

Hello, everyone.

We don't send out e-mails often, but when we do, it's usually something of importance.
    This time it's about our server and our community regarding our public appearance.

I want us to be a friendly, receptive community. One that welcomes new and veteran roleplayers alike.
    So I encourage you all to be more open to mistakes and errors, and help people become better at roleplaying.
    We're not an elitist community. Sure, we have our standards, but we also want everyone to be able to have a chance at having fun in a safe and secure environment such as our server.
    Just please keep this in mind when playing.

However, that's not the only reason you're receiving this e-mail.
    You can help us even more than just by being a good player.
    I welcome and invite you to leave an honest review of our server, especially if you enjoy us, on our comments section within our listing. You can find it here: http://starbound-servers.net/server/145/comments/
    The idea is that when people read these comments, they can better assess whether or not they want to join us.

Now you'll have to make an account to leave a comment. If you plan to help us out by leaving a comment, then you may as well help us a little more by clicking the "favorite" button on our server listing.
    This helps us boost our score each month, and looks good on our listing. So please do that as well.

Thank you,
    Kazyyk

2. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

the times are troubled because people are making them troubled

the never-ending bitching and paranoia and internet tinfoil creates a self-fulfilling prophecy wherein the toxic people only exist because of people believing there were toxic people in the first place

the witches were never there

you created them

Because people created threads that whined and whined and whined and whined and whined and whined and whined and whined about these toxic people, people got annoyed and became toxic people. This was not a problem until people decided to complain about it in public on an almost daily basis.

you have opened pandora's box

you should have stopped before you started

#2 Edvyn, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  3. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

Antares vs. The Trolls

4. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

The only inspiring part of that was the first half. >_>

5. Dreganius

Dreganius Dearly Departed

So, stop adding to it now. No-one is forcing you to type your responses, it's up to you entirely if you do or not. This goes for all of you, the entire community really, not just Edvyn. Stop posting about this toxic behaviour, stop debating every little point with eachother. Although I disagree with the way he says it, Edvyn makes a valid point in that, by going on and on about it, you're just fueling fire. Ignore toxic players, report them to the staff, don't react. If you're accused of being a toxic player, take a step back and think about your actions. Are you really being toxic? Maybe you feel that you're in the right, but really, we all feel that way. Maybe it'd be best to just let it slide, to keep what you feel about someone to yourself.

There is a line between making a point, and flaming, and that line seems to be crossed by many people. Sure, the line might be blurred, and thus if you're unsure whether or not you're going to be stepping over that line, consider keeping your opinion to yourself to avoid coming across as toxic. If you're being flamed, don't respond. We can stop this toxicity problem at the community level.

6. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

[​IMG]

7. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

The reality is we only have a tiny handful of consistently toxic players, Edvyn being the foremost. Some may have moments if anger, a few others are just abrasive at times but overall the legit toxic players are few and far between, and typically given enough time they manage to find enough rope to hang themselves with :D

As communities go, we're not doing to bad.

8. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

it's not the amount of rope that's the problem, it's tying it

my hands are too toxic

9. Sen

Sen Guest

Have you tried washing your hands? I highly recommend using White King Ultra Strength Bleach.

10. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

sounds like a plan, thankyou sen
    would I be washing my hands with the bleach or using it to clean the sink of toxins afterward?

11. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

Follow your own advice, please.

12. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I don't get it.

13. Finestein Goodlad

You don't have to, Kaz. It wasn't directed at you.

14. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

15. Finestein Goodlad

Toxic player™ is now an official maymay of SBRP.

16. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

I'm gonna just drop something here out of preemptive anger, but if what Finestein said to DirtyGoblin was serious, and not a joke, that's not very nice, nor necessary :c

17. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I can't stop thinking about the enclave when I see your avatar, Finestein.

18. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

This was a fantastic game, story wise.

19. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

i don't understand is how nobody is sick and tired of this nonsense already

can't we all just move on

20. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

[begin half-serious joke]
    Yes, but there must be justice first.
    Progress is a road paved with blood!