1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Universe & You

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Hey, StarboundRPers.

I've gone through and picked out all the colonies based on the coords that were sent to us Staff.
    However, this is not a guarantee that these planets will work. The testing we did afterwards on the New Universe has revealed errors that are simply out of our hands. We cannot fix them. Chucklefish must fix them, unfortunately.

So, that said, if your colony is missing and didn't get carried over into the New Universe, please message me so that I can add it.
    However, please do not message me if your colony did get carried over and has wiped. You should know, since you'd had to have PM'd one of us to get us to carry it over.

Rest assured that I am keeping backups of all the colonies that are, and likely will be, sent to me so that once the bug is fixed, we can look into the possibility of restoring the colonies in all their glory. Until then, however, we are sadly forced to deal with this issue and roleplay around it. I wish there was something I could do.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to respond below and I'll try to get back to them as soon as possible.
    Thanks.

#1 Kazyyk, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
  2. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Thank you for the work you put into this attempt at a fix. More threads are slowly appearing on the Chucklefish forum of servers with this exact same problem, so as the issue becomes more widely known, we'll hopefully get that fix sooner than later.

3. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Looking great so far!
    ....Except Avalon, Avalon is still extremely not there XD

#3 Rezima, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
  4. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

Thank y'all for the hard work for attempting to fix this shiz. its appreciated ^_^

for now.. BACK TO THE SERVER HAHA

5. White

White The Guy who is always working.

Ey kaz do you know if newly constructed colonies ( after the wipe) got the risk of self wipe, like the old ones? or is the glitch/bug universal and all planets risk wiping themselves at random?

6. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

It seems to be universal, as far as I can tell. I'd just be wary of building too much. If your new and fresh colony gets wiped, please let me know.
    We need to do more research to be sure.

7. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

Unfortunately, we've got no real guarantee whether or not colonies will continue to disappear. The best I can suggest at the moment is to play it safe and not get too attached to any buildings.

8. White

Will do some building to test, however its time to start yelling at the chucklefish forum to ensure this issue is taken notice off, as by the 23th information post, no mention of this has been made ,yet i've seen numerous individual posts on the issue on the server section. if anyone know a primary thread on the matter do post a link here, so hopefully all of us can help bring tiy' and the other developers attention, that they borked up the game majorly.

9. White

As i can't edit, I'm suggesting folks twitter Tiy about this problem, that way if enough do it he'll most likely take notice, and make some kind of reaction towards it. especially if it's non fixable with a clean wipe either.

10. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

On a thread on the starbound forums, which I assume was started by one of us (but maybe not), someone just posted something extremely helpful regarding this issue

11. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

could we have a link of said thread?

12. White

13. Dreganius

Dreganius Dearly Departed

Posted. Hopefully this is something that gets fixed lickety-split.

14. White

good on ya, lets keep prodding everyone to do the same, we got good 60 people or more whom can post in that thread, thats bound to bring some attention to MULTIPLAYER. which chucklefish seems to turned into a side dish, as they add valentine weapons and new biomes, rather than fixing the core product first.

15. November

November Previously Sermane
    Staff Member

To be fair, the artists did the work for the valentine gear and most of the biome stuff. There is something like six or eight (judging from memory of the dev tracker thingy) people that make up Chucklefish. I would put down a tenner that there is one MAYBE two people there that do netcode, and that definitely isn't all they are responsible for. To make things more complicated, they redid most of the skeleton of the game too with their new "we can update every day easier" thing. Another tenner that the netcode people are a bit more frustrated than a blind lady who's son rearranged all the furniture.

When it comes to bugs, you do the quick, easy to squash ones first. Roach-villa of the multiplayer coding is likely something that needs specific attention, and since they are still trying to fill out content.

I only bring this up because I have done alphas (and yes, the launcher lies, this is alpha not beta) and the pattern is usually so.

1) Really cool stuff gets added.
    2) We have a bunch of fun with cool stuff
    3) Little adjustments to the cool stuff
    4) Big adjustment to the game as a whole
    5) Everything is broken, go to step 1 and fix it on the next step 4.

16. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Early access.

17. White

I know, i just think its odd they didn't tweet about this at all, seeing as their pretty verbal. and worried for our servers health, people lose interest you know ( i ain't going anywhere thou!)

on the starbound forum I'm just blank out of things to say, and trying to keep the thread bumped. help me out guys so i can stop writing silly doomsday tales, and whatnot, which i don't really believe in.

18. Corvus

Corvus New Member

The thread will stay bumped. This is announcements.
    I suppose you have a point. Maybe some tweets might be nice. However, this is to be expected of Early Access.

19. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Guess I'm rebuilding my colony from nothing. Oh well, this was needed anyway I think.