1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Seething Rage of a Galactic Menace

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Node, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

Like him or hate him, you might have noticed the rather loud and often violent ramblings of THE OVERSEER, or more recently THE BLOODSEER. Generally his level of evil ranges from annoying and accosting citizens of the galaxy, to violently and single handedly attacking full on colonies, usually armed with a ton of explosives. He is loud, impulsive, easy to anger, and is undoubtedly a megalomaniac.

However, I am sure most of you door guards must get pretty bored with sitting around doing your job, instead of bowing down to the self-proclaimed greatest and mightiest being in the galaxy. So I'd like to turn lemons into milk here and make all of our dreams come true. By ruthlessly conquering some pathetic colony that dares oppose the wrath of Overseer.

I am unsure of the details to the plot, or how long it will take place, but if you want a bit more screaming maniac in your life, or delusional plots of grandeur from the equivalent to a vulgar saturday morning cartoon villain, say the word. Or say the word no. Doesn't matter. I can continue to just run around the galaxy bothering people at random.

OR YOU CAN SUBMIT TO ME IMMEDIATELY MORTALS!

2. Eric

Eric New Member

One of me certainly hates you. At least, he did.

Another of me is drawn to your insanity. Does Overseer need a sidekick? He'd be more serious in demeanor than Overseer, but I thought that would create an interesting dynamic.

P.S.: I wish I could give you a colony to invade, but Helios Prime isn't built D:

3. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

Yeah, I realized that this was basically a terrible idea after I posted it, but whatever. I have another idea in mind. I'll pm you the details.

4. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

Can ya sign me up, too? :D

5. Narfball

Narfball narfball

i submit, take my shekels.

6. BIGtheRED

BIGtheRED Honey-glazed Bacon

[initiating rant protocol]

As far as I am concerned...

... this idea is only terrible because you let it die out almost as soon as you posted it.
    And thats half the problem with villains on this server;
    they opt out as soon as they get discouraged.

Nobody seems to realize that the ONLY way to successfully conduct a villainous character on this server is to:

1) Be persistent.
    2) Be persistent.
    3) Be persistent!
    4) PMing a LOT of people requesting permission to conduct villainous behavior, and accept the fact that you are going to get a lot of 'No's and a lot of people trying to debate you out of it.
    5) Be persistent!!
    6) Not taking any disagreements personally.
    7) Being careful not to cause OOC problems.
    8) Realize that 4/5ths of the server population are casual players who don't RP fair, and will shrug off attempts to dismay them.
    9) Fail, fail, fail, fail again, irritate some, fail again,... and then... you will eventually win, and people will eventually consider you a successful villain!

10) (Most important) Realize that the point of a villain is adhering to the fact that ... villains are a-holes. That's why they are villains! So, you cannot expect to be liked, accepted, or approved,... either immediately, or ever. You NEED to be that guy who keeps popping up, and you NEED to be that guy who people roll their eyes about and say 'Good greif! Its the BLOODSEER again. What is that psycho up to this time?" ... People don't willingly accept a villain, and thats why the villain is the villain. ... You play the villain because the universe needs an a-hole to hate, and you need to be strong enough to be that person.

___

Sorry man.
    I had to rant.

I'm curious as to what the more secretive version of this is you have cooking up however.
    If its anything more dedicated that what I just saw here, I'd like to know.

#6 BIGtheRED, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
  7. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

You deserve the holy mother of all the cookies. *Loud applause*

8. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

-Random cheer-

9. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

[​IMG]

10. Eric

Eric New Member

Node and I brushed up on the subject briefly over Skype. I'm not sure where this is going, but I'd like to jump on the boat if it goes anywhere.