1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Remnants of What's Inside (Avis Alaea Journal)

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by Avis, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

25 April, 2014

Avis writes on a pen and paper journal, leaving every trace of his own person in his writing. In this entry, there is discoloration from lead, blood, and burnt feathers. The writing, somewhat unlike Avis, practically bleeds sarcasm.

It's been an interesting day. Just yesterday, I was having the time of my life with Rook, and I don't think I've been happier. I applied and was accepted to the R.A, and today I had my interview, and was Enlisted. Job security, a love interest, this is a great improvement to my life. However, today it seems the climax could have very well been the resolution. On a Security Detail, I think I earned my stripes after pointing out a suspicious figure, crouching on a rooftop above the VIP. However, upon pointing him out to a superior, he promptly through a firebomb on me. I'm not sure what it was, but it caught fire, hit me in the chest, and promptly turned me into the human-loved "rotisserie chicken". As I write this, my burns are untreated. I'm unable to find a doctor, and despite knowing basic first-aid, the general consensus for a chemical burn was to find a doctor who knew how to treat it. So here I sit, quite literally missing most of my feathers, and this was at the beginning of the mission, mind you. The mission that lasted three hours, that I trudged through.
    So here I am, sitting in a near critical condition, and I decide to head to Taranis for a drink. Upon landing, I find that there's a glitch automaton there, preying upon some Floran, who afterwards proved to be rather kind. Naturally, being the white-knight I am, I follow him, and attempt to neutralize him when he struck the floran mortally once, and attempted again. Luckily I got him to avoid the final blow, but in response, he jumped into a second floor window, and I followed. As he walked across, I followed, slowly, in fear. Because frankly, this Glitch had taken at least 10 plasma shots from a rifle to him, and still walked in perfect stride. So as I'm behind him, and he's getting ready to jump, the window bursts, and next thing I know, I'm full of buckshot and glass, nearly unconscious. I wake up, the glitch is gone, I drag myself downstairs, then I'm hit again. This time, I just pass out. Thanks to Mars, I'm brought to some Hylotl, who drugs me up, and I pass out on a bed. I wake up, the painkillers wear off, and I wake up and limp upstairs, where the same doctor finds me, and treats me, right before I sputter the last of my blood and bleed out. Then he leaves. So I beam up, barely alive, and pull out the shrapnel myself. Frankly, most of it was too small to get out, in fear of bleeding out, so my hope is that I don't die of A.) Tetanus, or B.) Lead poisoning. Hoping I'll be in shape for the mission tomorrow.