1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The New Slaver threat.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Jnick22, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

[​IMG]
    This man is a slaver. Be warned, he openly talked about it, and should be arrested. Do not mingle with this man, as he has the blood of freedom on his hands.

Uploaded from [email protected]'s PDA

2. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Arrested? By what?
    Who the hell is the law? Other than us, on our colony.
    The guy follows our rules, anyway, and you should only fear him outside a colony.
    - Tony

3. Optimism

Optimism Guest

I was less worried about this man talking about an undesirable occupation and more about the self-proclaimed defenders of the law that arrived to arrest him with ballistic firearms drawn and loaded in a public, peaceful colony among throngs of bystanders. The ones who should be arrested are those who disturbed the peace and tried to turn a peaceful situation into a lynching.

I wonder if any of the half-wit mercenaries who arrived to arrest him know the meaning of nonlethal detainment, or tact for that matter.

-Turavis

4. Doctor Frohman

We should go ahead and take over Asani. It'll probably make it a more peaceful place, anyway. There'll actually be a law.
    Also, we don't enslave people when they're on colonies, it's just bad sport. It's like going to a chicken coup, catching and killing a few, and calling it "hunting".
    - Tony

5. Edward_Norton

Edward_Norton New Member

-GraYMan-
    lol u mad cuz jack rekt u?

6. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

I don't even. Like, no. Just no. I would never trust slavers running a colony. That's just... eugh.. no.
    -Grim

7. Doctor Frohman

We aren't only slavers. We're colony runners, miners, mercenaries, factory workers, botanists, farmers, scientists, and the list goes on. We're a diverse group. Some of the people who you see slaving won't necessarily be running the colony.

All your worries about people who have enslaved others are pretty much in vain anyway. There is no central power keeping the laws of Antares upheld. It is merely your moral code being violated. Another thing to note is that sectors and colonies controlled by Dianthus are exempt from slaving, and are in fact, protected from it.

Lastly, we are one of the only groups that has a government other than Dictatorship and Oligarchy. If we were to extend our reach to include Asani, the registered citizens would not only be allowed to vote, but to try their hand in the election ring.

I have no idea if we'll bother with Asani or not, but time will tell.

- Tony

8. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

The "New" Slaver threat? If it's anything like the "old" slaver threat, they're all utterly incompetent and jump at the first idiot to shove a suitcase of counterfeit currency under their noses. -Skarti

9. Arcticil

Arcticil Toxic Top Soldier

Offering the people the spill from your cup is a shitty way to woo them over. Come to Asani, and I'll send you home in a body bag, cunt.

ID: xsmugglerjoex

(Atton)

10. Doctor Frohman

There is a reason why some of the slavers won't be managing the colony. It's like taking soldiers and making them into mayors.
    Also, I do believe that you committed murder and we blew up your ship to pay the price. We should be on even grounds, yes?
    - Tony

11. Arcticil

I flushed a filthy slaver out an airlock, hardly murder. My ship was a worthy cause just to watch one of you assholes lose your eyeballs. See you in hell, xoxoxoxo stupid scum.

ID: xsmugglerjoex

12. Doctor Frohman

Then quit complaining about it on public forums.
    Also, it is quite sadistic to take pleasure in someones organs being sucked out by space violently. You "freelancers" are worse than those who do not follow your moral code on slavery.
    Murder is nothing to laugh at, nor is justified killing.
    - Tony

13. Optimism

Optimism Guest

The real problem has raised its ugly head.

-Turavis

14. Arcticil

stop pretending you have a higher moral ground than me. i'm honest with myself; are you?

xsmuggerjoex

#14 Arcticil, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  15. Optimism

Optimism Guest

First: I do not need to pretend what is fact.

Second: yes.

-Turavis

16. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

I feel restricting the rights of people and selling them as slaves does not entirely count as high moral ground. I am just saying, from my standpoint. If we were to have things, such as democracy, freedom, and laws, that would be great. Were it not provided by the men who break and bend those laws to their whim.
    Sincerely, a Hyltol.

-Waltzlotl22

17. Doctor Frohman

Dianthus and the rest of the council are talking about changing our slavery laws, as they aren't as good as they once were. Refer to America and the South, if you will. Anyway, change is coming, for better or for worse.
    - Tony

18. Stu_Pot

Stu_Pot New Member

Says the assassin from my thread. -RW

19. Doctor Frohman

Did I say I would kill people?
    No.
    I merely run Starnet things, as my skills are pretty much useless elsewhere.
    - Tony

20. Stu_Pot

Stu_Pot New Member

Yet you condone it. And also, you phrased it so you sound like you think they are any good here, either? -RW