1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Julius Journals

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by Julius Mayne, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Things have really been looking up for me recently. The ICIA is in full swing as far as recruitment goes, my arm has completely healed, and I'm altogether a lot more stable both mentally and physically.

I guess it would be best to first start on how my arm had been healed. Well, when I had been shot by Mars, I lost full range use of the arm. Something about the arrow hitting a nerve and tearing muscle, either way I was not able to use the full range of my arm. I went to some back-water planet with Rhapsody in order to have a "vacation" of sorts. When we beamed down to the planet, there was a group of bandits who attacked us. Rhapsody left her gun back on her ship and I wasn't going to allow the men to hurt her.

I tackled the first one using him as a meat shield for the bullets the second one fired. I had drawn my forty-five and had fired into the second one. The first one fell to the floor and as I was about to finish him off Rhapsody yelled for my attention. A third one had tried to sneak up on me. I turned around and pistol whipped the guy finishing him off with a shot to the head. The first one was on the ground mumbling something about an altar. I shot him, couldn't have him coming back to kill me in the future.

I looked to the thing these men had just died trying to protect. It was a monolithesque structure. It had a skull on its silky smooth onyx surface. Rhapsody told me not to touch it and against both of our better judgments, I touched it anyways.

What happened next can only be described as hell. I was rendered unconscious. Dreams of absolute horror filled my mind. Death, destruction, blood, and just the worst things you could think of. I came to a few hours later, Rhapsody was holding my hand and looking at me with a concerned look. I asked her what happened and she said that I had fallen down when I touched the artifact. Evidently, I had been screaming about a burning in my shoulder where the arrow penetrated the skin. She had taken my shirt off to see the wound healing itself. I looked down to where the wound used to be and it was slightly pink, sensitive skin. The wound had completely healed. I was able to use the full range of motion in my arm again. I was elated.

That day showed me a few things. One, I've been the problem. Everything Mars said about me was correct. I was the reason that people didn't particularly like me. So I've changed it. My healed arm has given me a new outlook on my life. In a way, getting shot was just what I needed. My luck has only gone up since that day. The ICIA has recruited a new person everyday, I'm starting to finally earn respect among the people around me, and I'm actually happy.

However, I've also become a lot less of a naive idiot. You can chalk it up to paranoia if you will, but I trust the wolves about as far as I can throw their collective weight. I'm going to need to speak to Nox about this, see what I can do to hire him to leave my colony alone. Either way, enough with the journal.

2. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Another day, Another journal. These past few days have not been as kind as i would really want them to be. Crime has been rising in New Chicago. First it was those Miniknog agents, but then the bank was robbed. Now, there's some asshole who is going around killing criminals. Who does this vigilante think he is? These crimes are matters best left to the security force. Either way, I had to take down a slaver yesterday. Answered a distress call and got the escaped slave to a hospital. He had been shot down by his former master during his escape and in the process impaled himself on the rebar. Punctured his kidney, spine, and his lung. He survived but he's going to need a professional for the spine.
    The slaver was not as lucky. In an act of desperation I hired some wolves to come help me apprehend the man. When we got there, I fired a plasma bolt into his leg. Tackling him to the ground trying to break the device on his wrist that allowed him to teleport. We struggled for a bit until he pulled three grenades on me. I ran like hell. Ray tackles Griss and gets his back synged. We treated him at the hospital.