1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Jive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raideck, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Raideck

Raideck Member

So, I've met like eight different characters so far that speak in jive, why? I can barely understand what they're saying irl and ic my characters will just walk kind of nod awkwardly and leave. I get that some characters have accents, and that's fine, but I don't understand jive can anyone explain?

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Are you sure you're not thinking of Framer accents? The best advice I can give is for you to use context clues. Apart from that, just think about what the words actually mean, then try to see what it might mean. Like, ' yuh buffer, 'wan? ' 'Buffer' is the loading and processing of videos on like, say, Youtube. So in this case, you're being asked if you understand, or 'process' what the person's sayin. Y'buffer mi?

3. Redwilt

Redwilt Washed up has been

Depends on the names.. I don't know if the Framers are still around (Or a similar group) but I know the Framers had the weirdest dialect I've seen on the server so far.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Now, if you're talking about actual Jive speak, the only remedy for that is to watch awesome/cheesy 70s action black cop flicks

5. Raideck

Raideck Member

Then I mean the Framers, I've met a lot of them, and they say words just like that.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Yup. I think human core space would be pretty technologically advanced and their culture would reflect that with lazy slurs and techno-slang. Not to mention the freaky body mods.

don't get me wrong, I'd still hit that.

7. Redwilt

Redwilt Washed up has been

Yerp. I was even tuned in on the whole language creation thing and their words /still/ hardly make sense to me. They put a huge amount of work into creating it.

8. Raideck

Raideck Member

Good for them putting the work into creating it but uh.. I don't feel like learning a new language and neither do my characters so they'll most likely either keep saying "I have no idea what you're saying" or just ignore them. Just saying.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443211956][/DOUBLEPOST]And plus it isn't just humans, I've also seen Glitch characters speak the same slang.

9. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

Oh so that's the shit they're speaking, confused the living fuck out of me man.

10. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

I fucking love their language. It's like Scottish + Cyberpunk, in the aspect that it's still technically english, but half the time you have no idea what they're saying.

11. coconut_buttercup

it's pure shit framer speak is shit

12. Sonic1829

Sonic1829 New Member

It's a fun little language, and the point's almost to be barely understood.

13. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

14. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!