1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Guide to Meaningfully Impacting your Server and Online Community

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Hello, both current and prospective roleplayers alike!
    My name is Kazyyk, and as indicated by the red banner to the left, I'm an administrator.
    I'm here to let you in on a little secret...
    You can make a BIG difference!
    "But how?" You may be asking.
    Well, let me show you how!
    Introducing, "The Guide to Meaningfully Impacting your Server and Online Community 1.0!"

Here's it's contents:

BEGIN GUIDE

Hello! Today we'll be going over a simple guide on how YOU, The Player, can meaningfully impact both your server and online community just by following three steps that will make ALL the difference, whether you believe it or not!

Say you're logged into the server, whether a new player or veteran, when something happens that makes you dissatisfied.
    Suddenly, you're unhappy and not having as much fun as you were in the game. What do you do?
    Well, read below to find out how you can take that negative experience and make it constructive!

Step 1.
    Prepare to contact your administrator ( @Kazyyk ), through a forum message.
    (You can do this by clicking "Start a Conversation")

Step 2.
    Type about what has happened to make you dissatisfied.
    Screenshots aren't necessary, just talk about it as you would to a friend.
    Send the message.

Step 3.
    Relax. Rest easy knowing you've made a big difference, even if it doesn't feel like it.
    Who knows, maybe you'll find it's helped to just talk about it.

Sometimes you might feel like just talking about it won't make a difference, however, and sometimes you may feel like nothing has changed. That's because real change is progressive and not instant, ironfisted changes are unpleasant and nobody likes being told how to behave. Most changes will come over time as people are spoken with and things are worked out individually. Rome wasn't built in a day, as the saying goes.

Enable your local administrator to make a difference by simply reaching out and talking to them!
    Hope this guide has helped, and we hope you take it sincerely.
    Happy Roleplaying!

END GUIDE

So as you can see, you can figuratively build walls and tear down castles by simply being outspoken, and approaching me about anything that makes you dissatisfied. Your satisfaction is my highest priority, but I can't do much if I'm unaware that there's a problem. Allow me to make things better. Talk to me, and I think you'll find I'm not a big bad scary admin like the admin stereotype would lead you to believe.

Cheers,
    Kaz

Note: No condescending overtones intended. Tone is intended to be whimsical and fun. Announcement addresses important concern regarding lack of information about ongoing issues and lack of feedback from new players about their experience. Feedback is required to improve. Thank you.

#1 Kazyyk, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.