1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Game I made for the Indies Vs Gamers GameJam

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Julius Mayne, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

2. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

It's good to try.
    Become second cactusquid.

3. Tallen

Tallen New Member

I like it. At first seemed like just a Geometry Wars-inspired game, but then the music and beats started to kick in.

I understand it is an indie game and I have no way to know how skilled you are in developing, but I still want to highlight a few things. Do not feel discouraged, of course. This is already interesting in its own right.

- Enemies hitscanning you from outside your screen with instant lasers are kind of bullshit.
    > I would add small indicators on the edges of the screen to show where they are.
    > Instant lasers are bad. Slow-moving bullets to dodge attacks increase skillcap and entertainment. The rush from dodging an attack by millimeters is always good.

- Consider the map. Very wide, not very tall, and lacking landmarks.
    > Consider physical barries at the ends, helps players localize.
    > Colored grid maybe? Blue at the center, gets warmer and warmer at the extremities.

4. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I read your feedback and I agree entirely, thank you for the advice. If you think you have friends who might enjoy it, show them, stil ltrying to win a competition here ;P