1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Art Gallery

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Tamurbus, Jul 8, 2016.

?

Is this idea interesting to you?

1. Yes, and I would like to add a character of mine to the Golden Ticket draw

2. Yes, but I would not like to add my characters to the Golden Ticket draw

3. No

4. Yes, and I would like to help build

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tamurbus

Tamurbus A-X-O-L-O-T-L

A wealthy Hylotl family recently suffered the loss of its eldest member. As such, the large sum of money held by said member of the family was passed down to another family member, chosen by his will. The individual chosen for this decided to spend their money on an art gallery.

This Art Gallery is no ordinary art gallery, my friends. It's a large ship gliding through the stars, allowing you to travel through space with the luxury of viewing beautiful pieces of art. Although entrance rates are surprisingly inexpensive (Prices to be decided), one may pay extra to be admitted to higher floors with more pieces of art.

In order to advertise the ship, the owner shall send out free "Golden tickets" to (10? 20?) lucky individuals, granting them access to the entire gallery. No other patrons will be allowed to purchase tickets for the first trip; only those lucky enough to be drawn for it shall be allowed on.

I was considering the possibility of a murder occurring on this opening night. The ship would be sabotaged to not allow anyone to teleport away, nor the ship able to have its course changed. Either the captain or another random character made up on the spot by myself would be murdered, and it would be up to everyone present to decide whodunit. The character themselves would be either one I anonymously add to the draw, or another character made by another player (who would request to do so with me privately). This is just an idea for a plot; I'm open to other suggestions as well.

If this idea is well-received, and becomes popular enough, I will create a separate threat for the name pool for Golden Tickets, and draw randomly from there; although I will give some people priority in this (Which will be described below), the rest of the names will be put into a hat and drawn at random.

After recently attempting multiple building projects, I recently realized I'm not exactly the best builder to ever exist. If this plan actually comes through, I will need a few others to assist me in building the actual gallery. This will be a small team, and anyone who assists me with the actual building process will be allowed to give their character a free Golden Ticket.

The art itself won't be quite important to the RP itself, and in-game paintings will be used. If anyone would like to donate their sign art, you can respond below.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Please, put them below!

4 people like this.
  2. Tamurbus

Tamurbus A-X-O-L-O-T-L

I'm noticing this is getting a lot more views than actual votes and comments and such; almost a hundred views to three votes (not including my own) and no comments or anyone trying to get in touch with me. Please, I'd much rather you say you aren't interested in the poll over just ignoring the whole thing

Thanks to the people who voted so far, though ^^

3. Lawsonkc6

Lawsonkc6 Hanging Judge of Antares

I would highly suggest that anyone who wants some fun RP and likes a good time should join this little enterprise. It is still being planned, but from what Tamurbus has told me, it can be nothing but entertaining and quality RP. Perhaps some good character development, eh?

4. JackGrimsly

JackGrimsly New Member

I'd gladly Participate in this event and help you build.