1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

That connection tho!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Singularity, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Singularity

Singularity New Member

Im in Australia, and the server is in Canada, so obviously i'm going to have bad connection, but its quite odd how it fluctuates. Here is an average speed for me:
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, its pretty bad compared to most of the developed world. Its pretty bad compared to most of Australia (Grade D+ and slower then 62% of Australia).
    Anywho, when I first joined it was really laggy, but playable. Then after a restart it started going as if It was being hosted in Australia. My ping went from 600 to under 300. Im just wondering is it a natural thing for the server to lag a bit sometimes? Even for you Canadians and 'Muricans?

2. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

Yes, it's a natural thing for the server to lag. It can end up being irresponsive until it crashes completely because of a single person using the wrong mod, unstability is to be expected.

3. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

That's what we get for trusting
    Quebec
    to host the server.

In all seriousness though, we all experience the same problems. It's not so much the connection, but the way the game is coded. Of course, your distance doesn't help in that regard, and you probably get the worst of it.

Source: I'm in Ontario and even I get terrible connections sometimes.