1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Terrorists

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by CadeDaBeast, Apr 17, 2014.

1. CadeDaBeast

CadeDaBeast New Member

I've been thinking about how we have some evil factions, and stuff like that, but why don't we have a terrorist group that just creates like pure chaos? This is not very well formed yet too, and I need to get some more details on it. I don't know if anyone would be interested, but if you would like to join this, or have any ideas, please tell me.

2. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

So you didn't hear that my "group" as you could call them burnt down the bar at Liberty Mills? Basically we're trying to do what you suggested... Only without getting our asses handed to us, of course.

3. CadeDaBeast

CadeDaBeast New Member

I'll look into you guys.

4. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

it's worth it

5. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Hm... well, I think we have enough "insane" villains, y'know? Like, maybe we need some villains who can sorta justify what they do.

6. Tacoburger

what you mean cole harris and badstar, the duo of torturers who capture slavers and interrogate them with jumper cables on their nipples?

or even suck out the oxygen from a cell to subdue prisoners only to kill them

I'm starting to think I want to turn this into my own recruitment thread so people will join my damn crew

7. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

As for justifying our actions, Its sorta hard to do so when you have a group of over 10 people, all of which have different goals in minds. You ask one man and he probably argues that he's "fighting for freedom"; ask another and they might actually be trying to find the nearest bloody restroom.

8. Sen

Sen Guest

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a faction, a group, or a sign of intelligence and self-preservation.

9. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

Hey, technically us defenders started the fire!

We... are not very good at our job.

To butcher an old adage, one man's terrorist is another man's griefer. Especially in our (frankly) pretty tame PvP environment, you're likely going to run into a lot of player pushback against a group that causes trouble for trouble's sake.

While I'm all for mixing stuff up and pushing boundaries, this is treading in unmarked waters. I'd think twice before diving in.

10. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

1. Create terrorist group
    2. Without any precedent of how to do terrorist acts on the server, starts off shaky
    3. Garner attention, everyone calls for terrorists demise
    4. Terrorist get the cookie cutter "you bastards" "I'll kill you" "yew r 2 evol" messages all day everyday
    5. Lack of cooperation from other groups causes Terrorist group to disperse with nothing to really do
    6. Terrorist group dies out

In all reality though, if you wanna make a group, go for it. We've had huge success with running events and using actors. It may seem like a cop out, but really it allows character development and no one gets upset. If you're determined to after actual colonies, you'll have to really do your homework otherwise you come off as undesirable roleplay. For example, say Bank Alpha has a huge forum post that outlines all the attributes and security bits. Such as, if they use codes, scanners, keycards, who backs them, cyber defences etc etc. You and your terrorist buddies need that dosh to buy some dirty bomb parts to blow up the puppy orphanage. So you decide to hit the bank. If you message them with this huge thought out plan, that doesn't even relate to anything they have readily available, they aren't going to take you seriously.

What I'm trying to say if, you are determined to involve other groups, do it right or not at all.

11. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

Agreeing to this wholeheartedly.
    Also, be ready for unwanted attention.

The number of times I've been bugged for/as Traptooth...

12. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

I never knew you were a psyker.
    This actually happened yesterday. Being evil, then suddenly we get blown to pieces with floor explosions from this one dudes explosive pistol of *insertstupidamountofdamagehere* damage per shot, killing us all (us being evil guys of evil intentions). Not sure what happened, but my friend went back down and then told me they had enough.

Basically we've decided to stop RP'ing for a while for our and others sakes. I don't blame them to be honest: Would you enjoy the same guys knocking down your door every other day? But for us its either that or walk into the USCM's open arms really.

EDIT:
    Got dosh already. Got Anthrax Already. Just need a puppy orphanage to target.
    y is evry wun mind readz.

#12 Reconus, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  13. Tacoburger

we mean no ooc harm to anyone, except a change of pace from the usual "wel i gues our colony iz ok, no one will want to hurt us =D"
    it's to give people something to do and put their defenses to the test for once

I'm sure marathon would actually enjoy using their well placed border control and shuttle system to defend against suicide bombers who are trying to destroy the scum that are the USCM.

of course, before doing so, I'd rather try to ask for permission from the colony owner instead of going in and causing havoc without anyone knowing what was coming (although that's kind of the point)

it's all apart of the roleplay

#13 Tacoburger, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  14. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Pssst
    Your use of "Jihad" could be seen as offensive.

15. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Goals, Reasons, Motives,

No terrorist group ever, does shit just because, or through insanity.

That's just some random derp with a bomb kit.

You want a legit terrorist group? Do some homework if you wanna target colonies. Come up with a solid motive, to explain their extreme methods. Something more than just "lol joker looks cool, lets terrorists things huehuehue"

IRL 'terrorists' are typically motivated by multiple factors, nationalism, fundamentalist/extreme offshoot of a religion, etc.

For ideas, look at the IRA (Think thats the irish one) Al Quaeda, or others. Each has an over-arching reason behind their actions.

16. CadeDaBeast

CadeDaBeast New Member

You guys are all right, making this without motive is a bad idea. I'll have to make a character or adjust one of mine to fit this.

17. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Motive gives ya room to devekop it further. Beyons just lol boom

18. CadeDaBeast

CadeDaBeast New Member

Yeah. I'll make a new character to fit this.