1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Taking a Step Back

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Haplap, Mar 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Hiya folks, it's me, @Haplap.

I've been admin for awhile now. Nearly eight months if I was to be precise. But like the saying goes, what goes up must come down. Get it? Because bird? Ah, whatever.

To say this with a serious tone, I am going to be stepping down from my staff position. I apologize to those who see this as a shot straight out of the blue, and I agree that I should have been more transparent and vocal with my feelings so this would be less of a surprise. I've always enjoyed Antares, both the community and the server, so it was distressing to find myself increasingly disengaged with the playerbase and disinterested in the server as time ticked on. In recent days, managing Antares has become a chore to me; I lack the passion and drive to truly benefit the community.

I would have liked to silently packed my things up and become a regular 'ol user again, and I would have if I wasn't leaving a gap in the staff team. Currently, if I was to up and disappear, there would be nary another staff member who could properly handle the technical side of our operation, so I turn to the community for assistance. For those technically minded and willing to help the community, stepping up to help would be much appreciated. I'll be hanging about for awhile, hopefully until a replacement is found, but otherwise, this bird has flown the nest.

I appreciate the opportunity I had to help the community and guide it to the best of my efforts. And don't worry, i'll be sure to stick around.

1 person likes this.
  2. Vape

Vape New Member

Oh gee, man, never played with ya' but if you do leave the community, I hope to see you back hopefully! But don't feel bad for it feeling like a chore, that's often how life goes around!

3. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

I find this post to be both shallow and pedantic.

4. Krews

Krews Great Prophet

see you, space cowboy.....

:(