1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Sup

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nacho-chan, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Nacho-chan

Nacho-chan New Member

Hey guys, it's Nacho-chan here. I've been playing for about two weeks or so. I've been looking for a good starbound server and I think this is gonna be the one.

When I started, I played as Yucca Leafsong, a Floran who had the tendency to be much more passive. It was fun playing a race that is typically belligerent, and breaking the mold, only to have people still treat you as if you were the same. It shows that people can sometimes be blinded by stereotypes so much that they don't see a person for who they are.

Now I play as Stone Hawkins, a kinda rogue ex-military guy who may or may not have a thing for Florans at this point. I feel his character is a lot more fleshed out than Yucca's, since Stone has quirks, interests and the like. Through him, I've also gotten a feel for what PvP RP is like. Everything's been good.

2. Tallen

Tallen New Member

I understand where you're getting at, but... honestly? The entire challenge of playing a Floran is that you are seen as difficult to trust and potentially very dangerous. That is to be expected. The Florans are barely out of their tribal stage, they only achieved spaceflight because a ship crash-landed on their home planet and they took to the stars to sprad and consume, getting into at least two wars in the process. That is the challenge. If you want to play a Floran expect distrust and hostility until you prove your own worth. That is excellent RP opportunity right there.

3. Edward_Norton

Edward_Norton New Member

ayyyyyyyy lmao

4. Nacho-chan

Nacho-chan New Member

That's what I was getting at. It's fun to play as a race that's cast by practically the rest of the universe for being hostile, destructive ferals, only to not be, and through your actions prove to everyone else that you aren't.