1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kazyyk, May 15, 2015.

1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Since the feedback form at the bottom of the website seems to be scarcely used, I'm creating this thread. You may continue to use the feedback form to anonymously submit feedback or you can post here. Both are equally valued and considered.

Please search the thread before posting as someone else may have already suggested what you're thinking of suggesting. As well, a suggestion may have already been dismissed or implemented.

Serious suggestions only, please. Any silly or off-topic posts will be removed from the thread.

2. Zephzer

Zephzer Level Over 9000

I think the location for the application which is a link at the bottom right is not the most intuitive. I had a friend who wanted to apply and couldn't find the link I had to go and search for it myself then tell him where it was. I also feel like the donation button just rerouting to the bottom of the page is a little unprofessional (might not be the best word). I would prefer it have it's own page maybe. That's just my two cents. Take it as you will :)

3. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

It was one of the few places I could put it. I didn't want to put it at the top of the sidebar for people who don't care about applying. It needs to be out of the way where it's not invasive for non-Whitelist folk.
    That was done because that particular donate button is special. It'd be kind of silly to make a separate page for the donate button and expend resources when it's already available on the page.

4. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Diehardpatriot brings up a awesome suggestion in his Valius: Looking for Investors thread:

[DOUBLEPOST=1431681073][/DOUBLEPOST]Wish I could edit that.... there is a bracket out of place. I know it.

5. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I don't have any input to add as I don't see a suggestion here. If a settlement wants to take investors, that's roleplay.

6. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I ended up figuring out how to do this and implemented it. :D

7. Zephzer

Zephzer Level Over 9000

Yeah that's way better. In my opinion at least.

8. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Due to not being able to edit my suggestion got lost in the quote.

What I am suggesting it that new colonies perhaps would be require to have capital investors to start up their colony. Basically this would slow down the sudden popping up for colonies, make the sever economy stronger, help those business stronger on the server. Much like Marx and Reed where doing. Selling off items and things from Katune to they could build up enough funds to start their business venture.

9. Zephzer

Zephzer Level Over 9000

I thought of something else but don't know if it would be possible and I know it wouldn't be easy to do, but it would be cool if trophies had their own unique look. Like let's say the 1,000 post trophy is some little icon of the number 1,000. It would be cool if it were possible so people could at a glance know what trophies someone is featuring on their profile without having to hover over them.

10. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Maybe, we're still working out how finances and economy will be enforced/handled.

It would be easy to do. Trophies are fully customizable. I just need art work, am poor, and don't know any currently available artists.

11. Zephzer

Zephzer Level Over 9000

Yeah what I meant wouldn't be easy was getting all the art work for each one not the actual logistics side of it. Maybe support a contest where people make some different types and the best are chosen? Otherwise yeah you'd have to know or hire an artist.