1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Story Based Event: Interest Stage

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by ScarletSongbird, Sep 24, 2016.

Tags:
?

Would an event like this interest you?

1. Yes, and I'd like to help make it happen.

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Yes, but I'd rather just participate once it's done.

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Maybe, but it depends how it's handled.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I think it would be boring.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, I'd rather not say why.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ScarletSongbird

ScarletSongbird Galactic Hitchhiker

Alright kids, gather 'round. It's time for Mx.Songbird to attempt to explain an idea they've had.

So here it is. The idea isn't really that revolutionary, but it should be a good change of pace on the server from the "show up shooty shoot shoot!" events. My goal with this event focuses on the feel of the setting, the exploration of the setting, the story going on, and minor puzzles.

If I can, combat RP will be kept to a minimum, as I don't really want to turn it into something that's just a show up and clear the place out event. So if you're looking to boost your characters body count, this probably won't be your kind of thing.

The event would be handled by someone like a DM to control the environment mainly, as the current version of the idea I have in motion doesn't involve many "NPC"'s. Like I said, focus on the area around the players. The events goal, mainly depending on the players, would be changeable, though some events should be able to guide them towards one goal in general.

This could be a multiple part event. It might actually be better as a multiple part event rather than one big one. Since the event would rely on the environment it's based in, it would be great to be able to change things between the instances to provide a bit more content to it.

Of course, this all depends heavily on the characters involved and the players playing the characters.

In short, the event would be handled like a sort of pseudo-DnD session, and there'd need to be a lot of help with actually building the stage for it to be played out on.

So give me some feedback, if you want to, send me some messages, respond here, whatever! I have a story for the event(s) in mind and if all goes well, this could be fun!

2. TrashHound

I really like the idea! What would the story/event be based around though?

3. Lawsonkc6

Lawsonkc6 Hanging Judge of Antares

The idea is very vague. I like how it sounds, but more info would be good.

4. ScarletSongbird

I've been working out an idea for the last few days, a little storyboard, and I'm sure I can add some details in. But I'm trying to keep a little hush hush about it, there's no fun in it if it's all spoiled. Basic idea involves working to figure out what happened to an abandoned city and what lead up to it becoming abandoned/a ghost town.

5. Lawsonkc6

Lawsonkc6 Hanging Judge of Antares

That's better :p now I'm very interested.

6. ScarletSongbird

Alright! So, get me some names, people!Send me some messages, or post here and I'll get a group messageboard set up or something in Discord. The bulk of the work on this will probably be building, writing, probably a couple actors, and getting me all the neat little gizmos we can to help keep things fun! So get me some builders, writers, actors, gizmos and pictures of spiderman!

7. TrashHound

8. Michael_Malachi

Michael_Malachi New Member

I think Lawson and Myself can really set a stage.