1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Steam's Power Level (w/ SpaceSniffer)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Terallis, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

So, for those of you who don't know, SpaceSniffer is an excellent tool to gauge what might be taking up space on your computer. It measures it all and makes different sized boxes for each item to show how large it is.

I decided to run this program for the first time after hearing about it from a friend. This is what happened.

[​IMG]

(The images were obviously edited in. But still.)

2. Goldsum

Goldsum New Member

That is actual really funny! I was just using space sniffer myself to get ride of random stuff I had laying around on my hard drive so I could fit moar steam games. It turns out World of Tanks and World of Warplanes had about 35 gbs of update files that I didn't need so I deleted them (the idea is basically that if your World of Tanks or World of Warplanes ever got corrupt you could reinstall right away instead of redownloading....). But yeah no that tool is really useful :D

3. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

That moment when this program tells you your skyrim install with all your mods is 60 gb..

4. and now, StarSniffer
    ship overloaded? too much crap?
    then StarSniffer is for you. call now --
    111-192-495-4911-0401-5910-19999-nostrils