1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

starting out is hard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cloud, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Cloud

Cloud New Member

i have my character and everything but i just
    dont know where to start

2. Darkwhip

Darkwhip That Russian-Canadian-Nazi

Well, I suggest you to explore the RP forums, maybe your character may find something that would interest him, for example visiting a place.

3. TrashHound

4. Cloud

Cloud New Member

5. TrashHound

Sorry, you just said that you don't know where to start, which is rather vague. If you could describe what it is that you need, then I might be able to help you better.

6. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

It's really just taking the first step in reaching out. From there, you could just follow my guide to emoting.

You don't just wait around for a girl to ask you out when you don't even know her. You gotta take a moment to embarrass yourself, get that bit of first contact, establish that baseline, and then you'll get warmed up and ready to make moves in the world.

Just.. don't do erotic roleplay.

7. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

*erotically reads his comment*

But in all seriousness, find a colony either on the forums or through the IC radio, mingle with people on it, and get some IC interactions down. Maybe join a faction or group, start a business, really anything you want to do! If you want to do an event, theres a thread for planning them, and you may find other people are interested in the event.

8. Cloud

Cloud New Member

So ive just played on the server for my first time it was full of uh mistakes but it was decently fun

9. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

What a casual, take the initiative to ask her out and JUST DO IT

DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS

I'm glad you had fun! Have you been playing any more recently?

10. WrongEndoftheRainbow

WrongEndoftheRainbow Leprechaun Not Found

Gonna have to agree with Avis here. When I first started, I spent hours ingame but hidden on my ship because I was too nervous. It gets easier once you work up the bravery to dive in.

11. The Grand Mugwump

To be fair, lurking is a natural part of entering a new community. Don't be afraid to just hide somewhere and watch where people are active and how they roleplay. It's less intrusive and often leaves a better first impression than barging into the middle of things and messing up gloriously. You'll build up confidence as you spend more time around others. Don't be afraid to whisper people OOC or on the forums for ideas on how to become part of a story or group you find interesting.