1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Starnet Dating!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Izzida, Mar 13, 2014.

?

Would you be interested in a starnet dating 'site'?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    58.6%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  1. Izzida

Izzida New Member

So, an idea came up in the 'Lovebirds' photo thread when someone (Toadkid1234 or Ray) threw out the idea of a Starnet based dating 'site'. It would probably be more a thread where people post profiles for whichever of their characters is looking for love. Then you could browse through profiles to find potential dates, contact them through private messages through the 'site' and plan a meet-up.

The only problem is, whose got a character to run it? Also, would anyone be interested in participating? Just imagine the awkward dating profiles.

Figured I'd move it out here. Now go, discuss, argue and hopefully find true love...

2. Mordaith

Mordaith New Member

I vote no. Simply because it isn't for me. I dig the server because it's a rp server. This sort of smacks of the "Social" server. And that is a slippery slope. I'm 34 years old, and I already feel a bit uncomfortable because I get the feeling there are a lot of underage players that make use of this game to flirt or otherwise.

Don't know how it is in the states, but in Canada - that can land you some jail time.

I suppose if rules were put in place to keep minors from making use of it, I'd have no issue with it. But unless that were to happen, the whole thing makes me feel kinda... weird. Dating Websites were not what I was expecting in a Sci-fi RPG.

3. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

I kind of agree, and while the "dating" and such should be kept in game, as an rp element, I don't think a dating site would be the best option. It was a good thought though.

4. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

There would obviously be rules against ERP and the like. I don't really see a problem with it other than that. It's just a conduit through which secluded players can meet people really.

5. Kazi

Kazi New Member

While I am not interested (hence the no vote), there is no reason that you could not post an ad in the market forum, perhaps get a "personal" tag added.

6. Izzida

Izzida New Member

Well, me personally, being a bit older on here, make sure if my character gets involved with anyone I know their age(or at least if they're underage) and plan accordingly. I can't say they might not lie but if I feel odd about it I won't even get involved at all. Besides, that sort of thing isn't allowed on the server, though I know some take it elsewhere. This is more a meet'and'greet like Ray said. Though I can understand why their would be doubts.

There would probably at least bet a warning on it about ages just to help avoid that sort of thing. But there's still a chance. You make a lot of very valid points though. There would be some risks and problems that couldn't be avoided really due to the nature of people. People lie, even if you take it upon yourself to try to find out.

Also this may be a sci-fi rpg it's also people living in a civilization.

7. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

hilarious idea. sharp would fake being someone then eat them :p

8. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

Just a quick reminder about things: People like to romance RP on here. That's almost a common occurrence. It doesn't have to be a dating site as much as what Izzy said, a meet and greet. It's hard to figure out as a person who likes to romance RP who else likes to romance RP, and then coordinate an IC relationship . A thread where we can express that our character is looking for a significant other allows for IC relationships to be done more smoothly. That is my interpretation on the matter.

9. Mordaith

Mordaith New Member

Of course, this isn't me saying "If there be dating site, i throw up and no come back!" Hardly. Just saying that I wouldn't use it. It's a great idea if people are looking for that kind of roleplay.

Like mentioned, I'm new around these parts, I'm sure there is some joking and what not that happens, but there is a lot of OOC chatter that can make an ol' fogey just feel plain nervous.

But still, as long as everyone plays nice, and the youngin's are getting their eyes and minds violated, fun and dandy.

10. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

Then will somebody make it already?! Sheesh. All this talk and no action.

11. Doc

Doc Video Game Extraordinaire

I don't see the issue. I mean, it's the future, and dating sites have been a thing for a long time now. Who's to say that they still wouldn't be a thing in a couple hundred years? And it could help more shy or secluded characters get some romance rolling.

12. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

I'll host it. Lavinda barely appears outside of starnet, plus, she'd have a huge laugh.

So long as it's kept in character, and some rules are set for the "Site" I see no problem with it.

#12 Lavinda, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
  13. Lilligant

Lilligant New Member

There's only one problem that I can see. Everyone is already in love with Lilly so yeah. No site needed. Everyone's decided. They'll just be jealous of Lilly and her mate forever and ever. :)

14. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

Yep, that's the only problem with this :/ Mrs. Lilly Stealyoman.

15. Lilligant

Lilligant New Member

Lilly will steal nobody. She's got a man. All the men will wanna kill him for her though. It's been predetermined.

16. Doc

*Terrified hyperventilation*

17. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

So, Mrs. Stealyomanbutprivatelycollectsthemtothepointwherebloodshedisinevitable?

Perfect. Just peachy XD

18. Doc

Thornstem is gonna have to stab some bitches. In self defense.

19. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

Bitches, man... ( Say Anything reference, anyone? Anyone like 80s movies anymore?)

Mr. Igotstolenbymrs. Stealyomanbuti'mherfavoritesoi'mgonnastabeveryone

20. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

as long as i can sign yung up twice so he can contact himself