1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Starcheat .file JSON damage...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cole Ombre, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

So, bluntly, any and all items that were made in starcheat before hte update and saved as a .file somewhere to your computer is now null and void in the eyes of starcheat and starbound. If you try to import it into the game it will appear as a perfectly generic item.

Now this really, really sucks, cus it pretty much deletes every custom item ever. If anyone has a fix to this, id gladly, GLADLY, hear it.

I'm looking into ways to convert .file into JSON which should allow it to work, but no promises.

EDIT: FIX BELOW!!!

#1 Cole Ombre, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
  2. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Ok, so I found a fix, but it takes a bit of time depending on how many files you have to change:

GUN FIX:
    Step 1: Open up the .file with notepad or notepad+.
    Step 2: Change the "data" to "parameters"
    Step 2.5: You can either save it like that and continue in starcheat, or keep going in notepad. I advise starcheat.
    Step 3: Change "inspectionKind" to "tooltipKind"
    Step 4: (OPTIONAL) Add a new variable, titled description, and add a description. Example: "A gun mainly used by cannon fodder."

Should look like:
    [​IMG]
    then you save it either as .file or .json, your choice. If its saved as .file, when importing to Starcheat youll have to change the filter search from .json to all files.

ARMOR FIX:
    Step 1: Open the armor item in notepad or notepad+.
    Step 2: Change "data" to "parameters"
    Step 3: Change "inspectionKind" to "tooltipKind"
    Step 4: Change any stat effects to the new names, cold protection is no longer needed.
    kind -> stat
    protection -> Protection
    energyincrease -> maxEnergy
    healthincrease -> maxHealth

Step 4: Save as .json or .file but remember if its .file you will have to change the starcheat search filter to look for all files.

Should look like:
    [​IMG]

This is a program comparing the new human tier 10 chets and the old tier 10 chest, new on left old on right. If your fixing armor, make sure to match the variable names for the stat effects and toooltip/inspection. Rarity isnt as important.
    [​IMG]

SWORD FIX:
    Step 1: Open the sword item in notepad or notepad+.
    Step 2: Change "data" to "parameters"
    Step 3: Save as .json or .file but remember if its .file you will have to change the starcheat search filter to look for all files.

Should look like:
    [​IMG]

If you have any problems with this ill gladly help.

#2 Cole Ombre, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
  3. Mitzi the Floran

Mitzi the Floran Sufferer of Prawnsequences

Yeah, Armor has waaaay different transposition values in the new update than in the old one. Theres a lot more data there.

4. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

I did notice that the status effect values have changed names, which is very annoying. I'll look into the armor a bit more, and the others as well just in case.

5. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

EDIT: Changed the armor a bit, as more variables were changed than I thought.

My advice in this matter is only translate the files you really need, and then simply recreate the other ones with the new file system.

6. Mitzi the Floran

Mitzi the Floran Sufferer of Prawnsequences

I believe that the new armor files in .json have two sets of transposition values, one for the thumbnail and one for the actual item now, importing items may screw up the transposition and cause the item to appear differently.

7. Tallen

Tallen New Member

Attached Files: