1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Starbound Update Tonight

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Angre, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Hey, everyone.

I'm sure you've all heard about tonight's update for the stable branch of Starbound. If you haven't, here's a link to the Tweet by the developers about it.

Now, while the update is being released tonight, the server itself may not be updated for a short while so that we can prepare for the changes included and hopefully get some of the things we've been working on finished up. This means you may not want to update your own Starbound until the server is fully updated if you want to be able to connect.

We aren't expecting this to take very long and we're working as fast as we can. We only want to make sure we're completely ready for this update instead of jumping into it unprepared. We hope you all understand and will bare with us as we get ready for this update.

Apologies for the short notice and inconvenience, and I hope you'll all bear with us as we work to finish up preparations.

2. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

I can't answer for sure since I haven't checked out the Unstable branch, but I've heard that enough is being changed to regenerate the weapons in your inventory, so I recommend creating backups of everything you have using Starcheat and restoring/editing them to work with the update.

3. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

To people with custom weapons:

If you do not have a backup of your weapon, or you got it from somewhere else and are worried about losing it, take a screenshot of the weapon, as zoomed in as you can get, and after the update, throw it to one of us on the server who knows how to work starcheat; we can get it back for you.

If anyone is having trouble fixing weapons after the update, you can contact me over Steam of the forums for help. I'll gladly help you fix them.

4. JohnShadow

JohnShadow "Now you're all alone, little Caroline."

I have one question, Will there be another time skip thing like there was last update? (We did that last update right?)

5. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

We've never had any time skips, you may be remembering another server or just heard incorrectly. We don't intend on skipping ahead of time, but if you would like to make a suggestion about it, feel free to. However, since the update has already been released I can't guarantee that we'll get around to considering it for this update.

6. JohnShadow

JohnShadow "Now you're all alone, little Caroline."

Ok thanks I may've been thinking of something else

7. Yotan

Yotan New Member