1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Space Station Interest Check

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Zephzer, May 13, 2015.

1. Zephzer

Zephzer Level Over 9000

Hey guys so I was thinking it would be really cool to make some sort of space station. Not really sure how big it would be or anything but I thought it would be a cool place for people to use and rp inside of. Since Kylar wouldn't know anything about a space station I would be making a new character for it. I would of course have to get funding and other things but this is more of just an interest check to see if anyone would like something like that or think it was cool?

2. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

As someone who previously owned a space station built by someone else on another server, here's two cents if you actually do this:

Penny #1: Don't make it too elaborate. Make it techy, sure, but if you go crazy with automatic airlock circuitry, elaborate curvy interior designs, or jagged exteriors you will find that the place quicky becomes the laggiest structure in the server. It's not so bad if your presence there consists of sitting in a chair making radio calls and having meetings...but everyone else will call you out about it, poke fun at it in a friendly way, and ultimately be discouraged from entering.

Penny #2: You WILL have that one assface at some point in the station's life-cycle who will try to break into the station by drilling through glass or blowing a hole in the station. As a result this person will be unintentionally (or intentionally) creating a vacuum that can depressurize the entire station. Build accordingly, and prepare ahead of time to inform people about depressurization and all that fun stuff. Just make sure they know what they're doing.

3. Zephzer

Zephzer Level Over 9000

Thanks those are really good things to keep in mind.

4. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

Great idea, sounds like people are using just the few colonies, but I'm not sure why. Everyone is out doing things so why not stop off at THE station! ^_^

As for funding, a couple of my characters would be up for helping in that regard. PM me if you are still doing this.

5. Yotan

Yotan New Member

There are already is a space station out in Antare called Sundew Station. Sure it is a bit put together, it has a bar, repair shop, and soon a small cafeteria. Oh and not to mean a booming pharmaceutical lab.

6. Zephzer

Zephzer Level Over 9000

this post is from a little while ago when it was still being built up.

7. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Oh... umm well. It popped up.

8. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

Ah, it was my bad. I'm interested in many place to be created. I'll visit all of them.

9. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

A space station is no different than a colony. If you can do something with it to provide a unique and interesting place for people, do it. If you can't? You should consider merging your idea possibly with an existing area. We have alot of people trying to all do the same thing with different window dressing on the settlement scene. Dare to be different.