1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Snow-Floran

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Grifter, May 7, 2014.

1. Grifter

Grifter New Member

Okay, I think there need to be less Snowflake Floran and more Feral Floran. So I suggest more Tribes, Not operated by me or Tacoburger, We already run Two Factions, Including The Desert Florans, So I think someone should make another Feral floran tribe that adapted to Snow and Blizzard like Planets to catch prey that can survive out there in the cold, They'd mostly live underground and Make alot of Tunnel Connections, They mostly use Ranged weaponry and Try to blend in with the Snow with stolen USCM Armor and Tech, They also are able to Salvage a Mech or two.

So go on, Make the Snow-Florans you unglorified test grease.

2. Sen

Sen Guest

It's canon that Florans cannot normally survive in deserts due to dehydration.

3. Grifter

Grifter New Member

and we adapted as a species of cactus-florans according to Tacoburger.

4. Sen

Sen Guest

It's also implied canon that such thing does not exist; as Greenfinger, the authority on Floran biology, went to extreme lengths to try and adapt Florans be resistant to dehydration. Why would he do that if an adaptation already existed?

5. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

not to mention we acquire water and only drink when we have to (preferred once a month)
    We can recycle our water supplies through trees.

6. Sen

Sen Guest

The point is, the concept of desert Florans is also a snowflake concept, considering it directly contradicts lore.

7. Tacoburger

Unfortunately the idea was not concepted entirely by me, but mainly supported by the idea from Tacc's event. I thought it sounded like a neat idea of a Floran adaptation to live in extreme environments, such as most plants tend to do. (Like the cactus).
    But, if the lore states that it they cannot live in deserts what-so-ever what do you intend we do with the entire idea behind our faction? We scrap our idea?

8. Sen

Sen Guest

I don't intend anything. I'm just pointing out the issue and opposing the implication that a group of Florans who have adapted to live in the desert is not a snowflake group.

9. Tacoburger

That is moth's wording, never said we were not special by any mean's stretch.

10. Grifter

Grifter New Member

I feel at last resort, Without water or Any kind of water like Substance, They start using Drysap as a means to not die, Trying to atleast limit it enough to not: A. grow enraged and antisocial B. report visions and night terrors, Depending on how Intelligent they are.

11. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

Pine florans, i love it.

12. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

Sativa's technically a snow-floran considering the fact he's been in the tundra for 20 years.

He adapted decently, but his body paid hell for it(Dead foliage, terribly short, always tired and out of energy), would be interesting for Sat to find other Florans that are similar to him.

And I agree with Sen, the concept of Desert Floran is completely killed off by official lore. Stuff like Snow Florans can work considering the fact there are no mentions of them.

13. Sen

Sen Guest

I hear antimatter Florans could also be a thing since there are no mention of them.

14. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

100% original character do not steal.

15. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

I personally believe in humans being on other planets other than earth, and with that I apply it to starbound aswell, so going back to the days of the Avians preventing the florans from spreading into the universe, what if they already have? My floran for example talks about his home planet, which is entirely irrelevant to the Cannon home planet of florans. For example, This explains how My floran has a slight, bio luminescence. It would only be reasonable to take into consideration all the possibilities for alien life and how it affects the species that lives among them.

Now for desert floran. I'm imagining them as cactus. and yea, some humans adapt differently to the conditions on earth, so it only makes sense for other species to do it as-well. I accept desert florans, and maybe snow florans would be better idea, but having white skin and white leaves to "blend" doesn't make sence. Florans are plants, and plants dont grow in tundra, and if they do, they are like pine trees and from Cannon explanation and theory, Florans are made from a soft to hard plant like skin, with meat like muscles, still consisting of plant fiber and other plant like features. Having "pine skin" would be a different species all together, and everyone finds it annoying to bring non cannon species into existence.

in short, as long as there is water, sunlight, and not severely harsh conditions. It's completely reasonable given the florans have proper attire and measures. Humans live in -40 - -50 degree temperatures to +40-+50 degree tempatures everyday, and their doing just fine.

water and a source of food. warmth and proper clothing. If these are not into play, i'm afraid it is not possible.

Anyways that's my dollar and a half.

16. Grifter

Grifter New Member

Didn't think Sav would be a Snow-Floran, And with Anitmatter...Weeeeeeeell, I have no shitting idea.

The Concept of Snow-Floran is that instead of Floran armor, They take USCM/Apex/Glitch/Hyltol Stuff and make it as their own, They're basically scavengers.

17. Tacoburger

we obviously have a source of food, called humans
    and water is not an issue either

18. Wreth

Wreth New Member

If you read the text on the floran armour, a lot of it is already made from scavenged stuff

19. Shellton

Shellton New Member

I used to have a Floran, I wouldn't mind changing him into a Snow floran ^-^

20. Shellton

Shellton New Member

Attached Files: