1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Smoke's Auto Shop & Services

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Smokestack, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

<A video appears before your screen of a slick dressed avian pacing as he gives the following advertisement>
    View attachment 3564

Been gone from you friendly people on Antares long enough to provide a little something from back home. I've been honing in a little on my mechanic skills to provide you all a little taste of what it really means to have a battle cruising, speed racing, hot-rodding death machine.

My name's Smokestack, an experienced pilot who only rides what he can build. In the past, I have piloted a ship called the Rustbucket that's carried me through many victories in the death-racing world and got me named Smokestack because of the excessive amounts of smoke that the ship released. Then, after accumulating enough money, I built the Stinger v1 built from salvaged steel which featured my specialty in ship weaponry and engine technology. With that and the Stinger v2, its upgrade, I created a unique rifled gauss cannon capable of immobilizing ships and penetrating ships with precision and an engine that can be used for even birdbrains like myself. I'm trained out of experience working in a ship assembly station since I was a chick and worked my way though the ranks to become a lead mechanic for racing and eventually a racer myself.

Enough about me, what can I do for you? At my friendly garage, I can offer my services in turning salvage into weapons for base defense or ship defense or turn your salvage into a high class frigate. Got a busted engine? Call me, and I'll fix it in no time.
    But what else can I do?

I offer protective services. I was born to fight and born for flight.
    I offer "under the counter" services. Need a ship chopped? Need something moved? No problem.
    I give rides for a fee.
    I can figure out how to fix anything mechanical given the time.
    I can weaponize ships and turn your salvage into profit.
    I improve engines to stop those damn ship crashers from crashing all the damn time.

Fees are negotiable. The location of the shop is only given to clients. Please leave a message on my disclosed contact. <[email protected]> ((PM))

As an update, the facility has been drastically improved from its original layout. Services can be provide to build ships. I have not built a ship for anyone else before and have no documentation of other ships aside from Stinger v2, an outdated model.
    [​IMG]
    This ship that will likely be built for customers will be known as a Stinger Model. Stinger Models are ships designed for optimal forward thrust and fuel consumption. Stinger Models are equipped solely with a single large front-cannon.
    Stinger Model Features:
    Four Thrusters.
    Durasteel armor plating. (requests for metal upgrades cost extra)
    Erchius Crystal Engine called the Smoke Primary v1.
    Rifled Gauss Cannon called the Fulminator.
    Three open rooms. 1 open glass, 2 walled.

I accept ship designs to be made and produced according to customer liking, although I'll likely redirect the customer to other contacts if I can't work certain things.
    Ship designs made by me will come at a very very slow rate.​

Attached Files:

#1 Smokestack, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
  2. Smokestack

I feel that it is necessary to show the people what the shop actually looks like, so here's a photo.
    View attachment 3565

Now for the products I'm providing.

View attachment 3566
    This is the separated garage where I make the weaponry. In the picture is the new model Fulminator Compact Cannon. Installation and production cost would total to be 25,000 px. A larger model can be made called the Grand Fulminator which is of the same size or greater than that of the cannon on the Stinger v2.

View attachment 3568
    The thing above is my own matter-antimatter annihilator that uses erchius crystals to be broken down for massive amounts of energy. The engine above would be used for ships seeking high acceleration within a short period of time with little fuel consumption. The model is currently a prototype in the works of being shrunken down to a more compact size. The estimated price of this engine would be 50,000 px.

Attached Files:

3. Smokestack

After acquiring more money from some recent business, I'm scrapping the old shop because of, pardon Kluex, the utter shit I had for equipment. A new shop should be up and ready for business in 1 or 2 weeks.

Requests can still be made for services previously listed, but I'm gonna be pretty slow about it.

PROJECTS FOR FUTURE COMMERCIAL USE
    • Sentinel Model v1 - Scouting ship type. Designed for quick maneuverability, reconnaissance, and support use.
    • Classic Smoke - Heavily armored fighter type. Equipped with the Fulminator maxima model. Designed to be resilient and take down ships quickly.
    • Serenity Model v1 - Standard ship equipped with plasma cannons and basic durasteel plating. Designed for the traveler.

Each ship will introduce new engines and weapons that can be purchased separate, but as of now they're just project ideas.

4. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

Hey there, I have a request
    i own a freighter, an old model from maybe 75 years back. I believe it's a mark III Ocean class. I'm looking for some small turreted beam weapons to attach it, seeing as the old ones got blown to bits on a cargo run gone wrong. I'm wanting to keep the budget under 15 thousand, and i'm not looking for anything special.
    -NebulaAllen

5. Smokestack

Seeing as how you're not asking for much here, the price will run approximately 13,000 pixels for a set of beam cannons. A set being two. This is because you're running an old model and rewiring the system to accept a new weapon can be a pain. Contact me through my PDA, and we can talk more on the details.

-Smokestack