1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Ships - What does your ship look like?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mara, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Mara

Mara New Member

I'm new here, but I thought it would be a good idea for people to showcase their custom ships off, and let people see what they look like, here's mine anyway, this is for Adelyn.

[​IMG]

2. LeD

LeD New Member

Ships add extra load to the server, so unless you have floating base as a meeting point for your epic team(Like USCMs do it), I disapprove anything bigger than slightly bigger from vanilla.

3. Mara

Mara New Member

I do admit it's pretty large, although it looks bigger than it actually is on the screenshot if I am honest. Should I build another or get rid of this one?

4. Aradin Stanguit

Aradin Stanguit The Vigil's Jester

5. LeD

LeD New Member

Im just saying, because, honestly, people ignore that anyway and have pretty huge ships. I personally stick to vanilla.

6. Valor

Valor New Member

Good for you for sticking with vanilla. :)

Still, the thread is about what people's ships look like - not whether you approve or disapprove of what's been posted. The discussion about FCS ships lagging the server is on a different thread in the appropriate forum section (located http://community.playstarboundrp.com/threads/modded-ships-cause-lag.1146/ ).

Let people express their creativity on their thread without jumping all over them about things that harm the server (and instead PM them about it if it bothers you so much).

That said..here is my addition. It isn't the ship I currently use (because I haven't screencapped it yet) but it is one I made as a repurposed warship for Tacc to use on Fort Mattis.

[​IMG]

7. Mara

Mara New Member

8. Aradin Stanguit

Aradin Stanguit The Vigil's Jester

Compensatiiiiiiiiiinnnngggggg

9. Valor

Valor New Member

It was physically on the planet intended as a bar for the USCM people to hang out in. ;)

10. Corvus

Corvus New Member

[​IMG]

Corvy's ship is a small freighter.

11. Mara

Mara New Member

It is a really cool ship actually, I had no idea that it was possible to import ship files until earlier, cause the ship that I posed was from a single player character that I once had, so it's pretty useful that we can do that. It also gives people an opportunity to utilise a "ship selling" business and just essentially sell template ship files for people to furnish and things.

12. Leif Reverie

Leif Reverie New Member

Totally should have been a UFO with chests stocked with Reactor Cores and penguin codex.

13. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

I haven't seen that ship anywhere on Fort Mattis before >.>
    Where was it?

14. Valor

Valor New Member

There was supposed to be some ceremony or something when people were sworn in and then it would be used (don't know if that ever happened - been busy the last week), and it was above my warehouse in W-Sec. Big green neon sign pointing toward it.

Gone now obviously. :p Kinda makes me sad nobody got to use it.

15. Mara

Mara New Member

It's a shame because it looks really nice, must of taken a lot of time to build haha.

16. Valor

Valor New Member

About a week and a half. It didn't help I had an insane work schedule, or I'd have been done sooner.

17. Razortazor

Razortazor ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[​IMG]
    This is my Current ship, the Fork Trident. Used for Ramming.

18. Mara

Mara New Member

Haha, I'm starting work again on monday, so the server getting better during that time sucks because I'll be working for most of the day. Grrrr.

EDIT: Razor that ships looks really cool haha, do you use the ramming function often?

19. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Adelyn's ship is pretty rad. The design is one I hope to incorporate into a land structure.

Here are mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Mara

Mara New Member

I made another ship for my new glitch character "Loxely", it's not really a ship it's more of a floating castle on an asteroid but meh, I like the design and I'm looking forward to practically having a castle as a ship.

[​IMG]