1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

SharpSand spawn. will it be possible?

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Switchback, May 31, 2014.

1. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

I'd like to give the opportunity for people to play as spawn of Sharptooth and Aridsand.

" but isn't john sharps mate?"

he is indeed. but john can't make floran babies with sharp, and mating of the chiefs will not only strengthen relations between the chiefs but will also bolster both tribes with warriors and guard. ( my IC excuse to have actual npc guards at my tree )

My question is: are people interested in playing of their spawn and would it be allowed by the mods?
    there are of course up and down sides to playing as a spawn of these two and it should be quite obvious what they are at the current moment however I'm merely wishing to extend rp for other people.

of course there will be rules and guidelines set about but i am merely asking for interest and permission before i write up stuff. save time and all that ya know?

~Gramps

2. Switchback

slight bump incase no one has noticed this yet

3. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

[​IMG]

Why I'm on this forum.

4. Switchback

sadface :(

i just wanted to give people a chance for rp ;~;

5. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

I understand the idea, but I think the only reason the mucktooth spawn took off was because... well, they had something special, weird and interesting about them. Rather than just playing "floran bbies", the mucktooth were "pieces of shit that everyone wants dead and inevitably lead to the nuking of tetanus." ... Fun stuff.
    I don't know, this just might not catch peoples attention/enthusiasm as much.
    Poor Sharpy

6. Switchback

;~; so much for giving people rp chances. doh well, twas a simple thought.

7. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

thats the worst rp chance ever existed

8. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Hey you haven't gotten that much input on it yet. You could still get a bite or two, gosh

9. Switchback

why u gotta be mean i was just thinking of other people... ;~;

10. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

DON'T LET THE HATERS GET YOU DOWN SHARPY

ninjaedit: tho i'm iffy bout this cuz i already have like five/six characters or somethin lmao so decline for now

#10 M-Bot, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
  11. Narfball

Narfball narfball

Be more specific in the OP, Make them interesting, don't just say "Meh, they're floran babies." Explain them. Are they special? Are they smarter than most? Are they stronger than most? What defects do they have at birth? These are things you should cover in the OP. Spurgle florans are successful for having unique buffs and debuffs which seem to be unique to each floran. Here it just seems like a shoddy excuse to make a floran. Y'know what I'm getting at? It can be improved, hope you can get around your current roadblock.

12. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

Narfball has a point here. Maybe it would be the wise choice to maybe talk with Durge first, to get a few ideas. Seeing this will be combining attributes from both the Desert tribe and yours, it would be the best solution to examine what you can offer, and what the Desert-Tribe can offer. Then trying to strike a mix in between.

13. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

I got it. The Floran completely rejects her Mom because she thinks she's a slot. The Sapling joins up with some other tribe betraying Sharp and becomes super powerful and the next reign of Tallest Tree comes into play!

14. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

15. Switchback

u r 2 mean senpai

16. Dark Lord Stan

Dark Lord Stan The Recoloring Master

TBH...I kinda think this is an interesting idea, mostly cause of all the unforeseen stuff that may come with. So I support this...though no one probably care but meh. I would play this spawn...but I'm not very knowledge on how to RP as a Floran...but I'm sure someone will pop-up.

17. Switchback

you can always ask for help if you do decide. options open still for a while. until the mating happens. heh..

18. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

giggity

19. Animator

Animator New Member

This is a cool idea, but make no mistake; this is bound to end in tragedy, which is something you have stated explicitly stated to try and avoid.

There's a good reason why having kids for political reasons always ended poorly for the most part. Take the entire system(s) of monarchy in the olden days of Europe, and all the bloodshed that followed through.

Beyond those ramifications lie the inter-personal ones between all parties involved. You want to have a murderous, insane Floran who already had and killed her other offspring another child to care for that isn't even from a lover, let alone from the same tribe in some small hope that he will not turn against you in an attempt to claim your tribe in the name of the other.

I am not against this idea, but you have to be aware of what you're getting yourself into, because this scenario is literally center-stage for a shakespearean tragedy of incredible proportions.

20. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

That's what makes it fun!