1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Haystacker's Journal

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by OminousMushroom, Apr 7, 2015.

1. OminousMushroom

OminousMushroom New Member

April seventh;

Many things have happened recently - some have grown overwhelming and others have been bliss like I've never experienced.

Just a few weeks ago I was rescued from my home planet, which was reduced to a cultist hunting ground after those bastards sacked my village and killed nearly every villager. It was a massacre I'll never be able to forget. It's something I want to forget, though.

I won't go into too much detail about that past. Just... thinking about it causes my head to hurt. I'd rather not dwell on the past at this point - rather I should focus on my future, and seek to make it as pleasant as possible.

I was brought into a bunker when I was rescued. They called it the 'Freezer', and for good reason. The entire planet is an ice ball, and I felt my feathers molting whenever I was outside. I stayed on Freezer for some time while my mind and my body recovered, and while there I met the most charming girl I've ever set my eyes on.

It's.. it was forbidden to consider any female as anything more than a companion during my duties as a guard. I was brought up to be strict and stern and cautious, but all those feelings.. I think they deteriorated over time when I was mainly focusing on survival. It's.. a completely new experience for me. I often cursed myself shortly after our first meeting due to my over-friendliness, and told myself that I shouldn't be so quick as to inch towards a relationship.

I've come to learn that those instincts are more harmful than they are helpful.

Her name is Bluejay, a beautiful blue Avian. Her feathers are pristine, her figure is enticing, and her eyes.. I can get lost in them, like a maze. She is absolutely beautiful, although she constantly berates herself about being 'flat chested.' Honestly, I don't find much of an issue with it. After all, my kin aren't known for having a large pair of breasts like Humans, Apex and... ... even Glitch. I also worry myself over her eating habits. It was the second time we met when she told me about her diet of 'liquid slop.' Suns above, I don't even want to know what that would taste like. The first opportunity I had, I opted to make her some featherfood, and you'd have thought she'd not eaten for a year because she devoured her serving within mere seconds. This is reassuring to me, as I thought my cooking skills might've waned some. Glad I was wrong!

Bluejay's had a hard past. She's told me that she was once a performer in a big city, with details I'd rather not get into. The point is, she was very unhappy with the way the city worked, and how it operates under a daily schedule. Perhaps it was wanderlust that urged her to travel the stars, I can completely understand that.

Before she met me, she told me that she took advantage of this hylotl by the name of Bork. I know she deeply regretted this, because the first day we met she began to pour this information out to me, how she took advantage of him, used his money, and ultimately broke their relationship after Bork essentially told her to pluck off, Bluejay was sobbing.

I did not realize it was Bork until just recently.

After she and I moved into Katune, I met Bork on the third floor of the bar, and when I made a brief mention of Bluejay he seemed irked. I've come to realize that the two have had that dark history. I spoke to Bork, alone, and I tried to settle the tensions that he had towards her. I suggested that he speak to her, on a personal level. I assured him that Bluejay was deeply regretting what she did, and that he should give her a chance.

I also absently warned him not to touch her.

Maybe it was just my paranoia. I really do care about Bluejay. I want to look out for her, and I want to help her, not hurt her.

I'm not sure at this point whether or not Bork had talked to Bluejay, as he seemed to be considering it before. I'll probably find out later.

#1 OminousMushroom, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2015