1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Server Events

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dukeminiman, Apr 9, 2015.

?

What do you think of the events?

1. I think they're a good idea

90.0%
  2. I think they're a bad idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Meh, no opinion

10.0%
  1. dukeminiman

dukeminiman New Member

I don't know if everyone is aware of the event that the admins ran on Wednesday night (it was night for me at least). What essentially happened was a galaxy chat message that explained that an electrical disturbance was going through the sector and disabling any and all electronics. It went splendidly on Katune and sparked a pretty fun RP session. I believe either Rezima or Kazyyk mentioned that they might be doing more of these based on what people thought. I tried looking for a thread that was discussing what happened, but since I couldn't find one I decided to just make my own thread. So if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, stories, etc that involve the mini-event and any future events that happened go ahead and post them below and let's get a discussion started. (also if a thread like this does already exist then just go ahead and ignore this one)

2. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

These are "Micro Events", just single messages (the cosmic anomaly one was a bit of an exception) that basically serve to spice things up. They're optional and you can ignore them if you like.
    I was going to do them regardless of public opinion, since they're optional. They're just fun somethings that any admin or Gmod can do at any time. Think "Dungeon Masters"
    This wasn't the intended reception. It was only disrupting electronics, not disabling them completely. They'd still work, just not properly. Oh well, as long as people had fun.