1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Sensory information from C-47 #91937 "Gidget Dawnwing"

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by GoneDark, Apr 19, 2015.

1. GoneDark

GoneDark Previously Darkwill

[Entry Dated Q3 2397]

<BEGINNING FIRST TIME BOOT...>

<C-47 IS PROGRAMMED AND MANUFACTURED BY PETCORP, AN ULTRATEK COMPANY>

<RUNNING DIAGNOSTICS...>
    <CHECKING BATTERY... GOOD.

CHECKING INTERNAL COMPONENTS... GOOD.

CHECKING MEMORY BANK... GOOD.>

<BINDING DIRECIVES TO PERSONALIY MATRIX...

DIRECTIVE ONE: SURVIVE AT ALL COSTS AS PERTAINING TO THE LAWS OF ROBOTICS.

DIRECTIVE TWO : FORM A BOND WITH SUPERUSER .

DIRECTIVE THREE: ADAPT AND LEARN FROM ENVIRONMENT>

<INITIALIZING SETUP>

<AUDITORY SENSORS ONLINE>

"-ee the ears moving to position?" an older male voice would say.

"Yeah, daddy, I see them. Can I give him his name yet?" A little girls voice would ask excitedly.

"Yeah. Remember how I told you to do it. Say your name first, then his name three times."
    "I know daddy, you told me like eleventy seven times now..." There is a sound of her clearing her throat. "Marigold Dawnwing."

<NEW SUPER USER ACQUIRED. MARIGOLD _DAWNWING. ANALYZING VOICE PATTERN, AWAITING SYSTEM IDENTITY...>

"Gidget. Gidget, Gidget!"

<ACCEPTED. IDENTITY CONFIRMED AS GIDGET_DAWNWING. VOICE ANALYSIS COMPLETE. POWERING UP OPTICAL SENSORS...>

"Hey look, he opened his eyes. He's almost ready Mar-bear. Move your hand around and watch him follow it."

The figure speaking is completely obscured by the little girl crouched down in front of him. Her little red curls and wide green eyes are the first thing the camera views as it focuses a little. Her little hand moves a little to the right in front of him.

<SUPERUSER FACIAL DATA LOGGED. BEGINNING MOTION TRACKER CALIBRATION...>

The camera would move to face her hand. The girl would let out an excited squeal, before moving her hand again. The camera follows her hand, and she giggles happily. This would repeat a few times, before the figure behind her would instruct, "Alright, now come over here and see if he follows."

she nods, getting up and moving towards the back of the room.

<MOTOR FUNCTIONS ACTIVATED...>

The camera would move towards the girl, looking up at her.

< ENGAGING VOCAL FEEDBACK INDICATORS>

"Mrrrow! Meow." A strangely artificial, yet pleasant sound comes from what appears to be the camera itself. "He sounds so cute daddy!"

"Yeah he does sound pretty-"

An older woman's voice interrupts from what is determined as upstairs. "Are you both still messing around with that stupid thing? I need you up here, dear, we have to discuss something. "

"Coming!" He calls up. " Alright, sweetie, get to know your new pal. I gotta go. Oh, and what do you say to your mother for buying this for you?"

She sighs. "Thank you mama!"

"Yeah, whatever. Just remember, make it last, because that's the only one you'll ever get!" The woman calls down. The man shrugs, then heads out of the room.

The girl scoops the camera up, hugging it close to herself. "I Iove you Gidget. You're gonna be my bestest best friend in the whole galaxy! We'll be friends forever..."

#1 GoneDark, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015