1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

:// Selling Mild Steel by the Metric Ton

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Aiko Ikari, May 27, 2014.

1. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

> posted by mobile_device <mechagirl> _
    > posted at location tagged <Liberty_Mills> _

Hello, it's Bluey again! With the help of you buyers and a little hard work, we were able to expand our operation and construct a refinery on site! This means no more selling raw iron ore for me, From now on I'll be selling mild steel.

The steel is molded into slabs, measured at 102 x 25 x 5 cm. Each slab weighs 100 kg, each crate containing 10 slabs. This puts each crate at a weight of 1 metric ton, excluding the weight of the crate itself.

I'll be selling at a price of 550.00/ crate, straight to my ship. You can come and pick them up yourself, or pay a 50.00 shipping fee and I'll bring them right to you!

>Crates_Available: 55 (20 reserved)
    >Last_Updated: 6/4/14
    >Total_Sold: 85
    >Total_Profit: 54,750.00

- Bluey

> end_

#1 Aiko Ikari, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

[[JR Voice-to-Text Protocol]]

Hit me. 15 tonnes. The whole banana. However, I'd prefer to pick them up myself.

3. Dreganius

Dreganius Dearly Departed

-Astora-

Offering. I'd also like to purchase this. 10,000 for the lot. Pickup can be made if necessary.

4. Silver

[[JR]]

Hey! Don't be a gronad.

5. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

10... 10 thousand? Seriously?

I'm really sorry @JR, but .... well I really need the cash, and I'd be stupid to pass up on offer a thousand bucks higher than my asking price...

I'll try and get some more crates ready for sale soon, okay? :)

So @Astora, thank you so much! You're offering so much, I'd be happy to deliver it right to your door. Where am I delivering too?

-Bluey

#5 Aiko Ikari, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  6. Dreganius

-Astora-

Please take the goods to the colony of Taranis. The co-ordinates are publically available. From there, the Templar cruiser will direct you to Forgeworld Gryphon. Thank you for your prompt service. This may just be the beginning of a much more lucrative business venture.

7. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Right! I'll be there soon!

-Bluey

8. Narfball

Narfball narfball

(( Misfit ))

whenevr possibl, misfti woul lik 2 purchae 25.5 crat.
    offrn ronded up 20,000 pixl bc easir 2 calculat in checkn bok
    ok thx

9. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Oh man... Wow, I' guess we're going to need to expand our operation to fulfill these requests ...
    Thank you for the business! I'll make sure to supply @JR with the stated 15 first, then I'll ensure we meet your order as well!
    Thanks again!

-Bluey

10. Sizniche

Sizniche New Member

I'm developing a multi-specialized company in the Gamma sector soon, and I need at least... hmmm... 50 metric tons of your steel to build the headquarters (my monetary advisor gets incredibly P.O.'d when I suggest we convert pixels to steel blocks). I will pay 18k now, and 18k on completion of delivery.

11. Silver

[[JR]]

I demand a discount for being passed over like a chimp. Catering to line-jumping gronads isn't how you do business or keep customers.

And hey, line-jumping gronad: I hope your Tarawhatsit topples to the ground after you use carbon steel as load-bearing support you tin head.

12. Dreganius

-Astora-

Amused. Demanding discounts of a business owner isn't how you do business, nor get discounts.

13. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

@Jr You're right, I'm sorry. That was pretty rude of me. I guess the money was just really tempting, I mean, 1000 bucks is a lot of money ... a lot of money which I need.

I'm not exactly good at business, it's just sorta ... well, desperate times call for desperate measures.
    I really don't have much financial stability, a discount is hard for me to do, but I could ... would a crate free suffice? As an apology?

-Bluey

14. Silver

[[JR Speech-to-Text Protocol]]

Fine. That you were willing to even try is enough of a sign of good faith for me, so forget the free crate. Just give me 20 tonnes at your normal price when you've got 'em and we'll be square.

And laugh it up, you line-jumping shazzbat. I'm getting my goods for less than what you paid for regardless; you're the one advertising to the galaxy what a piece of kartaak you are by gloating. Didn't they teach you manners or that honour stuff in rust bucket kindergarten? Go back because you've obviously forgotten both.

15. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

@Jr Really? Thank you! Sure! We'll work hard over here to try and spit out 20 tons by tomorrow! I'll ... I could bring them anywhere you want and waive the delivery costs okay?

Again, I'm really sorry.

-Bluey

#15 Aiko Ikari, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  16. Silver

[[JR]]

I'll pick 'em up, don't worry.

17. Narfball

Narfball narfball

(( Misfit ))

a sid note: misfti woul lik 2 pick up d crats himself
    delivry fees get 2 expensiv 4 misft's checkbook
    ok thx

18. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Okay I'm here again!
    Currently sitting on 20 crates, ready to go.

@JR Whenever you're ready, I'll wait at Liberty Mills, and you can pick them up from my ship, alright? 20 crates, at 550/crate ..
    That'll be 11,000.00. That sound okay?

@Misfit Sure that's no problem ... So 25.5 crates? We can't really split them in half, I guess you could just take 5 lose slabs.. yeah. Alright so, that'd come to 14,025.00 once I get the rest together for you. Right?

-Bluey

19. Narfball

Narfball narfball

(( Misfit ))

misft sad woul b roundin up 2 20,000 pixl.
    easier 4 checkbook.
    thx

20. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

... Uh.
    Well thank you a lot, I guess I won't ... refuse such an offer. Are you sure though? Wouldn't 15,000.00 be just as easy?
    If you're going to pay so much anyway ... at least let me deliver!

-Bluey