1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Security Company

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by EyesofMarch, Mar 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

So Sarah might start up a security company that would focus primarily in responding to natural disasters and emergency distress beacons, for free, while sending out security team members to foreign colonies to train militias and act as security consultants for payment. The company would also accept contracts for missions to support it's response operations.

The company will be based on Rigari, Sarah's 'closet arpee' world, and will become a little hub for members of the security team. Briefings, training, and classroom time will take place there, as operatives of this small company will require training. There will also be a dormitory, mess hall, and rec/gym on the premesis of this base.

The company will have a very loose command structure. Sarah will be the commanding officer, and there will be a second in command. Unless one of these two is working with operatives, than the operatives in their mission will all work together to accomplish it. Operatives will privately respond to distress signals, while missions will be set up so that payment can be received.

There will be training for people who want to join. This is going to be designed as a true professional organization and your characters will go through some hardships in the training. Thus, the rules for members will be strict, and the training will be rough. Not many characters will be able to pass.

Basically, this security company will not require micro-managing on my part to MAKE it work, and it sort of act as the 'Desert Rangers', if you've played Wasteland 2, of the Council Space. I think it's a cool idea, so gimme your thoughts, opinions, questions and critique.

Also, I'm PROBABLY gonna name it McKinley Security Technicals, though I may change it to reflect it's more 'benevolent' operations.

1 person likes this.
  2. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

I think something like this could add a good element to the server, as long as it isn't overdone. There aren't many distress calls anymore, but when there are they are rarely answered, and sometimes they are people trying to introduce new characters, or try and find some RP. If you combine this 'good' element with the criminal elements that have just sprung up, it could create some interesting encounters among characters. I would also caution you not to overuse the security hub if it's only for the team. I've been part of a closet-group before like that and it splits the server's RP, slowing everything down.

3. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

BTW, I need a second in command who can help push this forward and whatnot. I may have been active these past few weeks, but only because school is dying down and I'm sick of homework. I'm going to Field Training in like, a month and a half, and I need someone to keep this faction moving.

4. War_Weazel

War_Weazel New Member

School should be letting out about the time that you ship out. Maybe I could help?

5. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

I'd be glad to join. Not sure I'd be the right guy for second in command but I'm good at being a grunt.

6. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

I'll take grunts too haha

7. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Looking for two grunts and an NCO for my faction. Just mention your character's names, their military experience, age, etc. No preffered format, since this is an OOC interest check. Be advised, your characters will be CHALLENGED. As in, actual military training, abit much, much shorter, a day or two perhaps. After that, you get full reign to do as you please, do missions, etc, as long as your character is professional in uniform and whatnot.

Throw your hats in!

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

what's the uniform?

9. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Kuro maybe is recruitable but only IC. I'll say I'm game for joining up and I'll certainly help OOC (with building mostly) but Kuro would need to get convinced IC if he's gonna join.

10. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

It comes a lot from Olympus security gear, Ziggy. So it's like, helmets and tactical chest gear with whatever pants you want.

Also yeah, just gauging who's interested.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

not so good on the feathers, then. ah well.

12. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

I'm willing to throw my character into the mix, if he's approached ICly about it. The idea is plenty interesting, I'd be glad to join and perhaps even help out a bit with the OOC side of things as well.

13. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

I might be interested in this as well, but i'm with the 'approach IC' gang too.

14. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Same with Cole. He's got plenty of experience, and even has some ads out on StarNet for work, so if Sarah looks, he's there.

15. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Britton is definitely a candidate for NCO or grunt, doesn't really matter which one.