1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Seaguard's "Book of a Veteran"

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by CaptainBritton02, Jun 23, 2014.

1. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

*Seaguard types intensively until he get to a typing format with a non-audio recording webcam feed*

After wandering, and helping co-found the HKC, I thought an autobiography and a timekeeper would be nice to start. So, to myself in the future, this is what you will not remember in your own mind, but through me.

Day 1 of Antares Quadrantup with the Admiral himself, I gave him a power armor prototype and he likes it, so after some tweaking, I can make it a full on standard issue, also I asked about the weapons, and the weapons engineer hasn't even seen the blueprints yet. I'm not hurrying the engineer, I am fine with spring-loaded kunais for now. But I and the admiral responded to a signal that led us to a sleeping agaran and a murderous floran chopping a scientist of our own race up to eat or whatever it was going to do. We drew our weapons. The Admiral says to make peace with it, but to take out the anger I felt while he was doing peace I found hostiles to tranquilize, but they ended up almost eating me, but I shot em', unfortunately, with conventional plasma shots and they died. I also found agaran pods that the admiral took care of. Two open, one sprouting. The agaran guarding it got killed by a hostile animal. We moved up into a floran prison, taking out a few floran guards but then when coming up to a lava pit, I slipped on damn slippery plantstone. The admiral scrambled to pull me out and inject me with a painkiller. I passed out and I woke up in a hospital with amputated legs. I got cybernetics that make me more agile, but I miss having legs. Anyway, this concludes day one in Antares. Good day.

2. CaptainBritton02

Day 2: After yesterday, I'm feeling terrible physically and kinda psychologically. My leg stumps feel like they did right after I got out of the lava.. Well maybe not that much but they hurt...a lot. Now on to the other concerns. When I got hurt, the Admiral wasn't.... Himself. Also the floran that tried to help us got shot in the process as I found out. The guilt he must be feeling. Well. Time to log off. Too late at night to be posting this anyway.

3. CaptainBritton02

Day 5: I have skipped a few entries due to unactionpacked days. Though today/yesterday I rescued a apex named Vivian along with the USCM, but they then after succeeding to rescue, they question our abilities! Damnit! Full scale militarization is initiated. I am constructing infantry armour sets to standard issue. Nothing is safe anymore. All ops are kill the enemies or be killed.

4. CaptainBritton02

Day 8: I got some a new firearm straight from th' lab to my firin' range. Not much, but also, we invaded a derelict yadda yadda, and we found a human, severely injured. We took him to union, Waitin' on results. Seaguard out.

5. CaptainBritton02

*typing can be heard with the sweet sound of a breeze*

Many, many years ago, as a boy, I made an oath to protect the innocent. I have no where achieved this. I have went against it. I feel my ways are shattered. I live on, trying my best to fufill this oath, but do you think it's easy when you're a murderer of 3,000 florans, and the next guy over in the bar hates you because you had to tie up some loose ends with a few people? No, it's not easy. I remain the soldier I am. This was only for those who read this in the future to know, I'm far from a hero, and closer to being insane.

6. CaptainBritton02

*an old song starts playing in the background*

I wonder. Will we just sit here and watch the quadrant burn or will we rebuild, destroy, and repeat? This frontier has seen enough. From terrorists to corporates trying the destroy all we know. The truth is, war, war never changes.

-Seaguard, Vice Admiral of ERROR 'HKC File Cannot be found!' ERROR