1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

RP Chat Mod: How Do I Get This Thing Working?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Malachar, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/rp-chat.386/

Attempting to use this to make my text reading a lot easier.

Installing as directed doesn't work.
    Making a folder in my mod folder, containing RP Chat's "interfaces" folder doesn't work.
    Dittor for using it's "assets" folder.

Anyone know how to get this thing working properly?

2. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

3. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

Attached Files:

#3 Super Sugar, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  4. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Well, about the RP chat mod, though it seems that the issue has already been resolved, it has a very simple solution for getting the original mod to work. Any mod without a .modinfo file in it will not work when installed. The simple solution is to merge the RP chat mod with another mod, it will still function as it is meant to, or, it should, as long as you merge them correctly.

PS: Please know, I could be wrong about this, there may be something I've forgotten, but as far as I know, the .modinfo file only tells Starbound that the mod is really a mod, and that it's the correct version. So please, be careful when listening to anything I say.

5. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

...I'll confess I added the RP Chat Mod to our mod list without downloading it personally. Just looked at the thing with some others and knew it was clientside only, and, therefore, safe.

Iiiiiif it's out of date I'll try to update the FAQ when I'm not in a class. I'm almost sure it works, but it's a little tricky to install, so...

imsorry