1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Robotic Limb's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dodec1, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Dodec1

Dodec1 New Member

So I need to know how to get a robotic arm, I've seen some people have them. I assume they are made in star cheat, but I have no idea how. Can anyone help me out? I can RP my way to say I have one, but that's no fun, I think it would be alot better for people to see it in-game.

2. Alias

Alias New Member

It's made with a combination of Starcheat and another tool. I can make one for you if you can get me a sprite for it.

3. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

I hesitate to say its a simple item, cus it really isn't to make at least, but there are some people on the server who could make you one if you gave a description of the going-to-be prosthetic

4. Dodec1

Dodec1 New Member

Alright, I can make a sprite for it. Is there any specific dimensions that the sprite has to be under?

5. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

People have freaking robo-arms on their actual characters? Sign me the freak up.

6. Dodec1

Dodec1 New Member

Yea, the problem is there expensive as fuck , and you need to find a mechanic to make it. Then find a doctor to attach it to you XD.

7. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

I've inspired something that going to bite us in the ass haven't I. Welp. Anyway, for any curious on lookers with the ability to pull it off, it's pretty simple.

Make a sprite of an arm, snag a sword item, toss your sprite in that dere-darn-diggity drawables spot, pop open 'primary stance', find the arm frame (Commonly 'rotation') and replace it with something like 'idle.10' which doesn't exist. The arm vanishes, and the sprite still draws. Now position it and you're done. Woo.

8. Dodec1

Dodec1 New Member

When I replace the Sword's sprite with the arm's sprite, should I create a new folder in the "items" folder and place the sprite in there, then direct it to that folder then the sprite? I think that may be what im doing wrong. That or im way in over my head XD.

9. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

That's definitely something you don't want to do, that would be a custom asset, which doesn't play nice with the server. You'll want to create the sprite in the item's drawables using sand/ash/snow particles, and manually place them. That, or you can use SBGraphical, which is much, much simpler.

10. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

...n-no thats not vanilla friendly. It has to be drawn througg use of vanilla assets.

11. Dodec1

Dodec1 New Member

Ohhh I see. Alright Ill do that. Thanks.

12. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

I know that, one of my characters has one, I just wanna see about actually making it look like she has a robo-arm. Guess I'll try to figure out starcheat as Aiko said.

13. Dodec1

Dodec1 New Member

I've got most of it done now, all I need to do is figure out how to position it properly. I can get you an extra arm, and you can work off it from that.

14. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

Alright, just PM me it and I'll see how I can screw around widdit.

15. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

I hate to resurrect what would otherwise be a dead thread, but I was messing around with something similar myself, and I just wanted some clarification. Figured it wasn't worth it to open my own thread.

As Aiko said, primary stance contains a rotation value which I would assume is set to the idle position of your arms. But neither in Starcheat, nor the JSON could I find the value for rotation. Am I missing something here, or did the structuring of the code change in the update?

16. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

armAngle is the angle of the players actual arm, and swordAngle is the angle of hte item.

17. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

I already figured that out Cole. But Aiko said you should change the rotation value to an idle position that doesn't exist so that the original arm doesn't draw. I'm having trouble figuring out what that value is.

18. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Oh, that. Heres a snippet or a working robot arm.
    "idle": {
    "armAngle": -55,
    "armFrameOverride": "invisible.2",
    "duration": 0.1,
    "handPosition": [
    ],

Its like that, "armFrameOverride" replaces the arm fram with "invisible.2" which is either nonexistant or actually invisible, I havent looked. I should work though.

19. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

Cool, thanks. Got it working.