1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Reviewer Applications

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Heya, StarboundRPers.

To help with the influx of applications, and to help keep our Moderators from becoming burnt out, we're opening a new sub-Staff position called the "Reviewer" position. This position basically involves reading new player's applications and helping them with it, if needed. If not, then you'll inform a Moderator who will double-check and approve the application if they agree. Details will be provided if you're accepted.

So, to bullet point it, you'll...
    • Review new applications and make sure they follow the Code of Conduct
    • Assist applicants that are struggling or not up to par
    • Offer input on whether an application should be approved or denied
    • Help relieve the workload off the Moderation team
    • Be a decisive factor in regards to new players joining or not
    As a sub-Staff position, you will not be listed as official Staff in the forum sidebar.
    However, it will come with it's own colored banner to signify you as a Reviewer.

If you're interested in this position, feel free to apply at the link below.
    http://tinyurl.com/reviewerapp

2. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

The position will be up and running soon, as soon as I can get it fully set up.
    I should also mention that this position's application process will always be open.
    You will be informed if accepted.

3. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I will set this up very soon. Sorry for the delays, everyone.

4. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

So much for soon, am I right?
    I apologize immensely about the massive delay regarding this position, but it's finally set up and some Reviewers have been picked.
    If you weren't picked, that does not mean that your potential to be picked is diminished. We just picked from the top of our selection and may be pick more as the need arises. As well, applications are still and will always be open.

That said, our current picks for this cycle were:
    • Lavinda
    • Leschinsky
    • November Eleven
    • Valor
    We'll pick more when we feel there's a need for more. Feel free to apply if you like! Your application never expires.

5. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

Outta the blue question but:
    How are the reviewers holding up? Seeing the recent threads pop up about app screening...
    (Feel free to delete this post later if ye want the thread looking clean, ye?)

6. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

The main issue with the Reviewer position is reliability. The criteria for selecting a Reviewer isn't as strict as selecting a Moderator, however that also means that on average the burnout rate is going to be higher. I'd love to give Reviewers more ability regarding applications directly, but at this time there is no reliably secure solution.

7. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

Ah, dang. :[
    Hope you guys get more reliable ones soon, following the new mods!