1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Rest in Peace Satoru Iwata

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Tallen, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Tallen

Tallen New Member

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has passed away - Nintendo Everything

- Worked in the HAL Laboratories, which brought us games such as Earthbound, the Kirby series and Super Smash Bros.
    - He single-handedly recoded Earthbound to the SNES. Before it the coding was a mess, and his work on it allowed the game to be released.
    - Transferred the battle programming of Pokémon Red and Blue to Pokémon Stadium... without any reference sheets.
    - Created a compression and decompression code for Pokémon Gold and Silver. Before that Creatures Inc. had filled up the entire Game Boy cartridge with Johto alone. The code proved itself so godlike they could even add a trimmed-down Kanto region.
    - Participated in the debugging of Super Smash Bros. Melee, fully removing all of the bugs in three weeks, allowing the game to come out without delays. This is also the group who had the insight to allow the infamous Wavedashing bug to stay in the game and mold competitive Melee scenes to this day.
    - Caught on to the fact that the consoles market was fighting more and more for a smaller slice of a pie of hardcore gamers. Released the Nintendo Wii and DS to broaden the market and accept new players. It worked brilliantly.
    - When the WiiU was doing poorly, he cut his own salary to make sure not a single lower-end employee was fired for what he believed to be his own mistakes.

If there was ever a man who deserved praises for what he did to the video-game community after his passing it is this guy.

2. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

This guy, like, deserves a medal.

3. skeletor

skeletor Banned

I've been genuinely pretty depressed about this entire thing for the past couple of days. Another person who helped shape my childhood loses the fight against cancer.

4. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

I've looked everywhere, I've tried to look for hate against President Iwata. I just can't.
    This guy has done so much and brought so much insight to those around him. He was an MVP that worked to achieve what others wanted.

It's sad that one of the last things he talked about was how bad the E3 conference was and his apology for it and such.
    I couldn't believe it when I heard it. I was devastated.