1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Quick Announcement - Steam Unfriending

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ziggy, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Heyo everyone, just real quick. I'm going to be removing most of the Antarans from my friends' list. This isn't because I hate you, or anything. I just think it kinda sucks that people can tell which characters I play just because of that little notification in the corner of the screen tells you when I get on Starbound. That's no fun. Likewise, I don't want to know who's played by whom.

If we share common games pretty often you can stay on the list, though for communications' sake, anything that can be said through steam can be said on skype or the Antares site. Again, don't think I'm doing this because I don't like anyone. I'm just trying to fade back into anonymity. Kosher?

2. skeletor

skeletor Banned

i feel like the little subtle things that everyone does is a bigger giveaway than your steam account saying you're playing starbound

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

that's why I change it up. use different words and phrases, different emote and quotation stylings, etc.

4. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

Literally this.

5. Yotan

Yotan New Member

BTW Ziggy you could always switch yourself to offline under the friend menu in steam and log in to Starbound. And still have proof you have friends.

6. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Instead of doing all the derpiness above.

7. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

Halal.

8. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

I do it for a looong time.
    Only times people know I'm playing a different game is when I cant launch it directly.
    But Starbound, straight from the openGL 64 bit, because the DirectX one is still largely unoptimised.... sadly.

9. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

I mostly use the friends list as to ask people on the server where everyone fucking is, since nobody seems to answer Universal Radio when that question is asked.

Besides, if the server has such a low population that just by seeing you on SB, you can tell what character they are on, then something's wrong.