1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Question from the FNG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RandomFellow, May 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RandomFellow

RandomFellow New Member

I'm not entirely sure if this belongs here or the general discussion but here I go.

I was looking through the forums and such, and I saw a lot of talk about the drop in population and it being tough for new players to get involved. I was actually wondering if there was a guide I missed on how to get started in the community. Like hub locations or good places to run into people. That might be a good way to ease new people into the server.

Or I could have just said something stupid and, in which case, OH NO I'VE BEEN HACKED!

2. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

We do have these things, although I suppose they're not overwhelmingly evident. There's a roleplay guide for newer players, and the colony forums holds the coordinates for all the current hubs. I'm not exactly sure what could be done to make these more obvious to new players, but they are available to be found.

3. RandomFellow

RandomFellow New Member

I was looking at the system forums and it has a lot of great info. I guess I was more or less wondering which hubs were the most active these days.

4. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Upside is the most active. It seems to garner 100% of the servers population (at least, those on public colonies) most of the time.

5. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

What Hap said. Upside is pretty much the only active public colony. Some people private rp in their own little bubbles but it's almost impossible to get involved with that. Hopefully there'll be some more opening soon, I just got done building a colony so I know there's at least a few in the works.

6. November

November Previously Sermane
    Staff Member

I would add that the chatroom is also a good place for these sorts of things. I would just remind that there are two types of answers, written and unwritten. Which colony is the current hotness? Mostly unwritten and I'd gladly answer these straight up. Written answers I will teach out how to find, which usually starts with "it's in the forums" and narrowing down from there if you still have trouble. A lot of things like finding coordinates and law are something that you need to learn how to find though, can't just hold your hand all the time even if you're super cute.

7. RandomFellow

RandomFellow New Member

Playing hard to get, eh?

8. November

November Previously Sermane
    Staff Member

Art or make clothes for me and I'm easy.

9. RandomFellow

RandomFellow New Member

Oh senpai!