1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Resolved Pyro's Planet Conflict 1 idea. (Totally not futuristic WW1 or something similar)

Discussion in 'Other Questions' started by Pyro_Sanders, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Pyro_Sanders

Pyro_Sanders Warcrime Sprite Creator

Okay, so...I've got no clue where to put this, other than here.

The year is 2380, And settlers have begun a grueling journey to what is known as a Goldilocks planet, Located in the Krism Cluster system. The planet may have been mostly covered in snow, but it was near perfect for human habitation. In the year of 2381, The settler ships landed on the planet, and they disembarked their metal strongholds. Taking deep breaths, and stretching. Some plotting out where their homes would go, some just observing the scenery. The metal strongholds of settler-ships open side cargo-bays. Out of them flew small ships carrying pre-habs for the new settlers of the planet, they dropped them in designated areas. Before returning to the ships, never to be used again, such a waste ain't it? Infighting soon broke out over supplies, though they were contained by the general flocks. Soon enough, riots broke out due to the high heat- Lack of personal belongings- And general discomforts. One major one twisted and shaped the colony for decades to come, though. Nobody knows why it started, or how it ended. All they know is that at least half the colony rebelled. That half took one of the ships, flying away to another side of the planet, for shame. They would soon be shunned, and all contact cut off with them.

One year later, "Prism" would be formed to prevent such a thing from happening. They were a group of the finest men the colony had to offer. Strong, lean, tall. Name it, and they have it all. Not limited to technology and weaponry at all. On the other side of the globe, the rebellion of a colony had finally planted itself firmly into the ground, assuring they would survive by any means necessary. They themselves made a military- Dubbed the "People’s liberation party of Krism" by the jarheads within. They may have not had the technology, or brute strength of Prism, but they had two things. Intelligence, and numbers. Both factions began to expand rapidly, creating new technology- Cures, vaccines. Everything you could wish for. Everything seemed fine, and it was! But political tensions quickly began to grow between the two opposing factions.

Flashing forward 2 decades, the planet’s resources have begun to become more and more sparse due to rapid expansion of the two nations. Soon after, small skirmishes between the two nation’s armies broke it from the political tension and lack of resources. It started with small scouting parties, each of them taking pot-shots at each other in attempts to ward the other off. Though, some found solace with each other. Some even shared beliefs! But all good things must come to an end, and they must depart. Possibly never to meet each other again, only causing a deeper sense of distress among the ranks. Morale decreased for both armies, leaving behind small wakes of rebellion within. But it didn’t last long, with the increasing amount of skirmishes over resources, a war soon began brewing one the planet.

Prism banner:

[​IMG]

I'm going to ask a few things next.

• Control over technology (within reason.)
    • More than one event, possibly one or more lasting more than a day.
    • Possibly a new faction? Depends on the actions of the participants.
    • Assistance with building, making weapons(?) and spriting.

2. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

So... it seems that you wanna build a planet that's warring? Do you intend of having this be a colony/place people can visit whenever? Or is it simply a place for a few events that will birth a few characters/faction? The way this is written, i'm having a hard time trying to figure out exactly what you're applying for.

3. Pyro_Sanders

Pyro_Sanders Warcrime Sprite Creator

For a little bit I had the intention of a colony, but I remembered we already had 80 in the making. So it'll probably turn into a place people can visit to salvage vehicles and weaponry, and I plan a few events to go along with it. People can have their characters survive the war, though. And I was planning for the losing faction to evacuate the planet and become a new faction along with the winning one hunting them down

4. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Ah, well. Just a lil reminder, you don't need to apply to make events or things. This would've been pretty okay to do entirely without approval, minus the faction creation part. You'd be fine to build a planet and make events on it as you'd like, but depending on the tech and stuff used, that might need approval.

As for the faction, we'd need to know what they have/what they're capable of, gear, motivations, ect. before approving that.