1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Poll of interest - Cuckoo's nest or Super Jail?

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Kumakin, Aug 31, 2014.

?

Poll!

1. I want a Cuckoo's nest!

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. I want a Super Jail!

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. I want a refashioned jail society!

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  4. Jim Harrison.

14 vote(s)
    45.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

Maximum security prison or an Insane asylum for Antares of center folk?

So, I was talking with someone and they said we should build a super jail or a nut house and use it as a place to send "bad guys" or whoever the fudge ya'll want. Contracting Bounty hunters and stuff to collect said nuts then pay out for collection services. The service would be sanctioned under some government blah blah blah. Thought it could lead to some fun RP as far as keeping a schedule for prisoners (or patients) with some event planning regarding escaped convicts (Or cuckoos') and such. There could be a cops and robbers type RP going on mostly. If it becomes an asylum we'd definitely make mind games to help perpetuate that you are indeed insane and force some religion on you to see the error of your ways. I'd probably build it all myself and have a small group of people help run it. We wouldn't be a particularly big community unless it was warranted.

Could use it as a place to do murder mysteries and other fun games of that ilk if so desired.

The other idea was to build a prison that was taken over and turned into a community of delinquents who tried to better themselves after the USCM lifted their lock-down. It would be a Maximum security prison with some twisted ideals and odd morals.

Anyways, I didn't feel like building something if the mods were just gonna shut it down so I'm seeing if anyone would want this.

Apologizing now for spelling errors because I'm usually too lazy to proof read shit.

Rmembr bby, luv u all 5evr.
    [​IMG]

2. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

I'm voting for Jim Harrison (yes)

3. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

If it is an insane asylum we'd need orderlies and doctors mostly Psychotherapist.

If it is a maximum security prison we'd need Security guards.

4. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

So did I. :D

5. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

O and maximum security prison.

6. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Could be both, a maximum security insane asylum, for criminally insane peeps, with enough planning could lead to some super interesting RP, with some mystery/horror themes.

Jim Harrison.

7. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

Update:
    [​IMG]

8. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

i died

9. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

How the frack do I advertise a Maximum Security Insane Asylum?

10. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Just simply say "Heres a maximum security asylum mmk?"

11. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

Tried it on Julius and he said "I'll keep you in mind."

12. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

Any other factions who might be interested in having a Supermax Asylum nearby to their faction?

13. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

insane asylums have been largely phased out in favour of psych hospitals in today's developed world (the 60s and 80s both brought in significant mental health reforms in the UK and USA), the idea of having them in the future seems silly - why would anyone in their right mind set up a victorian-style nuthouse when medical science has long decided that throwing crazy people in dark cells isn't quite as productive as actually treating their mental illness (ie. meds, talk therapy, ECT in extreme cases)

psych hospitals tend to be very safe, overly-friendly places - the wards for more violent/unstable patients can often be even more safe/overly-friendly because they don't want them harming themselves/others

for an asylum like you're describing to be accepted by a colony owner, the colony would have to be pretty backwards and almost completely unaware/ignorant of modern psychiatry

tl;dr don't make space arkham make butcher bay

#13 Edvyn, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
  14. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

Yeah, I already decided against it. Seemed like fun but it was too taxing to RP.

15. Wreth

Wreth New Member

A glitch asylum would be pretty horrible though, based on the medieval treatment of mentally ill people.