1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Planetary Annihilation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cynthio, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Cynthio

Cynthio New Member

Has anyone tried it yet? It's currently a high end strategy game that's in early stages of beta, but already from what's already there it looks amazing and I'm really enjoying smashing planets into each other and stuff.

2. Sen

Sen Guest

Looks like Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander.

Cracking planets looks pretty awesome.

3. Narial

Narial Tyrant of Bananas

Its hard as Sh+t and you get your ass handed to you by anything and everything but its super fun if you get passed that part. ^ ^

4. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

I am actually a little scared to buy it. I played TA from when I was 8 years old and love it to this day. Supreme commander was supposed to be the new TA and while it was good there seemed to always be something missing. Now this looks promising but my worry is it may end up in a similar situation to duke nukem forever where no matter how good it is it will not be able to live up to a decade worth of hype.

5. Sen

Sen Guest

well, there's always TA spring :p

6. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

Well, also you can get TA plus all the expansions for a few bucks from GOG

7. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

8. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

I would really like to play this game, always was a big fan of strategy games on this scale. The only thing that stops me from buying it is the price.
    They really should make a demo for it, although from what I've seen and read that could be a bit problematic.

9. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

Did you ever play the supreme commander games?

10. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

Yes, although I liked total annihilation better. Wasted waaaay to much time in that game. Still think that a lot of the old games from the 90's are much better than the triple AAA crap we get spoonfed these days. Indie developers are my last hope for the gaming industry, they are willing to innovate and experiment. (( Well some of them. ))

#10 Ivrian, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
  11. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

The great thing about TA was that even in the 90's your computer had enough power to allow you to fill the screen with units and not lag

12. Cynthio

Cynthio New Member

Well from my personal experiences I can say that it is a pretty fun game to play. The constant updates are what makes this game so exciting, they're constantly adding new ideas, e.g. energy shields, huge guns that fire units to other planets, nuclear weapons, teleporter stargate things, engines that shift planet orbits and smash them into your enemies bases.

EDIT: Here's a list of planned and implemented features; http://planetaryannihilation.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Features:_Proposed_and_Confirmed

13. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

Yep, whilst looking more and more into this game. I definately want it, now to persuade the wife to let me buy it. And that will be a even worse situation than standing on a mountain in a raging thunderstorm whilst wearing copper armour and cursing the gods.

14. Narial

Narial Tyrant of Bananas

Just played some few rounds and dammm once you get the hand of it its dam fun but to beat anyone you would have to have skills in planning and knowing where what is at what time at the same time.

15. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

I couldn't stop laughing at that, becouse I thought: Triple AAA? AAAAAAAAA. :p

Some typos are plain hilarous.

EDIT: Also the double "(" heh, I do that sometimes too.

16. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

Whelp, managed to obtain the game, it's on steam sale at the moment till 6 march. Grab it whilst you still can! Also it is a gem in the making. That universal simulator, never imagined it would allow you to create systems where moons and planets would just smash into each other without you needing to do anything. >:3

17. InfernoFiend

InfernoFiend Sake Soldier

PA is awesome... BATTLESHIPS FOR THE WIN ON TROPICAL PLANETS!

18. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

Tch, you and your battleships. I still need to get my revenge!

19. InfernoFiend

InfernoFiend Sake Soldier

You will never beat me at the sea Ivy... navies are my passion and you just cant stand to the power of it. Don't even try. I will cross your T before you can even say avast.

20. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

I can stand the power of it, If I just had taken those shiny batavian steamships. For my loss. Still was a nice match. Try and take me on a field battle without hiding behind your cannons ;)