1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Pizza Please?

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Izzida, Jun 4, 2014.

?

To what extent would you use this service?

1. Pizza boxes piled to the ceiling! [I'd be a regular]

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  2. Sign me up! [I'd be an employee]

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. I might indulge. [Might use it once or twice]

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Why would I even want this? [No thank you]

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Pizza! [indifferent]

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Izzida

Izzida New Member

This is probably going to sound odd, but how many people would use a pizza delivery service on the server? Or be interested in working for one?

I've come up with a business plan for it, and with boy NPC and PC employees we could offer 24/7 pizza delivery to the people of the galaxy. Or, this sector at least.

It's entire 'website' would be houses in a forum with a full menu and an ordering format. Pay in pixel or pay in advance. Setup your order, guaranteed delivery in 45-minutes within the sector. Within that time, if no actual PCs are available an NPC will have delivered it. If you did anything weird to the NPC or something went wrong or just plain weird you can just '*The delivery boy returned with 3 nice sized stab wounds in them but a very nice tip*' right there in the thread. Or send in an angry email demanding free pizza etc...

Full range menu random from meat, meat, oculomelon slices, meat and maybe some blood to 15 different spices, vegan hylotl special. Basically a single store in a widespread chain of space Dominos/Pizza Huts/Etc...

I'd need a co-owner or manager(or flat out owner if you really love the idea and could manage it better) to run the place, and a proper name and a bit more planning. But before I dig into things I just wanna know if anyone would even care or use this service? We may be in a grand, ever expanding sci-fi adventure but monotonous things like food and greasy teens still need work. (No offense intended)

If anyone cares this idea spawned THIS, as a sneak peek of potential pizza-y goodness. I may have gotten a bit carried away with the idea, we'll see.

#1 Izzida, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  2. Narfball

Narfball narfball

Attached Files:

3. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

I you will name it "Pizza Planet", I'm in.

4. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Yes! My diet can finally consist of more than coffee and french fries!

5. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Am I the only person who finds this idea silly? The cost of a pizza would be absurd to cover the fuel cost of interplanetary travel.

6. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

Yes.
    Yes.
    Just yes.
    All the yes. This needs to happen.
    ===
    They can set up small shops on colonies and such, to avoid traveling much.

7. Diabloshadow

Diabloshadow Retired Admin

so it wasnt just me. heh. but yes, this is very amusing and it would be very funny. though you need to shoot the pizza out of the Particle Accelerator Cannon/Mass Drive.

8. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

... Okay well it might be a little silly, yes... but uh...
    Well all I can say in defence is

Let's just pretend, since space travel is "the norm" now, and pretty much equivalent to driving/ having a car, that there's a whole bunch of floating gas-and-go stations chillin' in space.

9. Diabloshadow

Diabloshadow Retired Admin

so, its futurama. got it.

10. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Liberty Mills has pizza ya'know. At the Italian joint. Just sayin.

11. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Family recipe, passed down for generations.

12. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

I have a character fit for pizza delivering.

13. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

It's mooks isn't it. Mooks are in the pizza.

14. Izzida

Izzida New Member

True, I suppose the cost of gas would be a bit high compared to the price of a pizza. But, I bet we could find some loophole here. Setup shops all over as suggested, but Aiko's idea(reason I quoted tis) was kind of what I figured. I mean, it seems like /everyone/ flies and you can run a ship on coal. With asteroid belts and a plethora of planets to mine the heck out of I imagine fuels wouldn't be /that/ expensive? Assuming you're not using, say, solarium or something.

If it was monumentally expensive I doubt we'd all pick up and buzz around, flying to bars just for kicks.

15. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

We should be able to order pizza like this too.

16. Izzida

Izzida New Member

[​IMG]

And no real effort was given that day

#17 Izzida, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  17. Izzida

Izzida New Member

Thank you for this! That is going right on the top of the name idea list. Didn't even think of that.

18. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Making a chain of pizza places seems far more understandable. The other route makes no sense. For every pizza you would need to account for all expenses.

Spacecraft with ftl
    Maintaining costs for fleet of spacecraft
    Fuel for spacecraft
    Insurance for spacecraft
    Licensed pilot pay

To name a few things. I dont think pizza alone can pay for all of that.

19. Izzida

Izzida New Member

It's intended to be one store of an already existing and massively popular chain, like Domino's or Pizza Hut essentially. This would be more a store in the chain opening up in their sector. Employees would have to already have a ship(like many companies who deliver pizzas now hire people with their own cars) that is insured and must be maintained by them. It's not an ideal job. Also it feels like every person on the servers got a pilots license or their own ship anyways. It's the major form of transportation really. Not overly realistic but it is what it is.