1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Opinions on Vulcan/the Lightbringers

Discussion in 'Character Discussion' started by Shalken, Aug 17, 2014.

?

Opinions....

1. The Lightbringers is a great idea and should stay the way they are.

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. The Lightbringers is a horrible idea and should be gotten rid of entirely.

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  3. The Lightbringers is an okay idea.

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. The Lightbringers is a pretty good idea.

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. The Lightbringers is a pretty bad idea.

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Shalken

Shalken New Member

Hey there, I think it's about time I did this.

Here's a quick summary of Vulcan and how the Lightbringers started:

Vulcan was originally a smith, who lived a fairly normal life. One day, he was flying through space, when he got attacked by pirates. Realizing he didn't have any loot on board they shot him down just for fun. He crashes into a volcanic moon (aka the beacon's current location) and survived, although with a severe head injury, causing him to go into trances where he receives 'visions' from a fictional being he calls Primordus. After that he decided to start the Lightbringers. In essence, he's a very dilusional human with amnesia, he's forgotten all of the events before the crash.

Now on to his personality: basically I made him based off of a Space Marine from Warhammer 40k. Just, religious, etc etc. (I know, I know, very unoriginal and TERRIBLY boring).

Now for the Lightbringers. I've noticed that not a whole lot of people have been interested in joining...I understand that I haven't really been putting all that much attention into being active on Vulcan. I'm just curious as to whether the lack of interest is based on people just not being interested, or if people genuinely think this faction is a bad idea, or because I didn't play that character enough, or because they aren't interesting enough, or not a conflict of interest. I ended up designing a whole faction and a base without the people to fill it.

If worst comes to worst, I have plans for having Vulcan "wake up", so to speak. He would go in for proper medical treatment and his mental issues would clear up, and he'd realize how far astray he's led this group of people. Not even sure what I'd do after all that, but it's an idea.

So yeah. Tell me what improvements should be made, or if I should just remove the group entirely. Or maybe keep the group but remove the religious bit. You get the idea. *braces for impact*

ps: if this is in the wrong thread then PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME I WASN'T SURE ;_;

2. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

Myoku tried contacting him once, but you weren't playing him and I have only seen him twice. She visits the Beacon often because its a nice place. I think more of the Lightbringers just need to be on more.

#2 Super Sugar, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  3. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Never ever met any Light-Bringers, also those wings are very overused and dumb.

4. Shalken

Shalken New Member

Overused and dumb? Care to elaborate? I haven't seen them used too often.

5. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Whenever I see someone with the wings on, I think "Super Edgelord here." Overused was probably not the right word...

6. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

Primordius is a giant, omnipresent, sun-related bird, and you use the Avian tile set.

The group comes across as a bit derivative at times, y'know?

7. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

The wings are dumb, i realize why they have them but they're just dumb, get rid of them

Change their aesthetic to something that isn't a rip-off of 40k

Give them an actual goal

8. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

God of the afterlife? Arbitrates souls?

9. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Not to mention wings are a dull idea when practically every rank wears them, and they should note only the highest ones.

10. Vosrik

Vosrik New Member

Actually...only the three highest ranks wear them. You probably haven't seen any other Lightbringers than Strato and Vulcan, though.

11. Keycross

I saw one of the newest some time ago, Chickey, and wore wings. She got insta-high rank?

12. Shalken

Shalken New Member

That's odd, I don't remember giving her wings...Might have been a while ago when I was still unsure about the rankings and everything.

13. Keycross

That was when she literally joined them, in a few days.

14. Shalken

Shalken New Member

Based on the general opinion I'm highly considering disbanding the Lightbringers. I'll wait for a couple more days unless nobody has anything else to say.

15. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

Who?

16. Shalken

Shalken New Member

Alright, seeing as Vulcan and the Lightbringers is generally agreed to be a bad idea, I'm going to get rid of both. Any suggestions how? I'd still like to keep the Beacon as well, Vos and I put a lot of work into that place. I'd hate to see it go to waste.

17. Keycross

Try to sell/change management allowing redecoration (mainly in the religious area of the settlement). That's how the Wolves got rid of the Den.
    Good luck in future endeavors.