1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Oops, Starcheat has crashed! [halp me jesas]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Not A President, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

So, I've been working on my new character, Vernon, who has been a bitch to prepare in Starcheat. I go ingame, and look at my characters menu... but alas, there is no more Vernon. I used to get this error frequently, so what I would do is unequip my techs in Starcheat, but now when I click on the tab to do such, I get this error:
    Traceback (most recent call last):

File "build\gui\techs.py", line 64, in __init__

File "build\assets.py", line 1330, in get_tech

TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "build\gui\mainwindow.py", line 387, in new_techs_dialog

File "build\gui\techs.py", line 71, in __init__

KeyError: 'modulePath'
    I feel like the error has to do with the techs I have, which could be caused by Skyrail Sits or Sen's ILC mod. I dunno.

If I could receive any help on this front, that would be great.
    Mods I am currently using are Sen's ILC mod, Mighty Music Songpack, buildaship, Extra Zoom Levels, Skyrail Sits, and Extended Songbook. Starbound is up to date, Starcheat version is 0.18.1.

I do indeed realize there is a new Starcheat version, gonna try and install that and see if that fixes it.

2. Not A President

I feel like I should've mentioned the edits made to Vernon.
    I had given him a few items. One of them was a laptop item I was in progress of making (which I'm positive the code for isn't broken) and Dynyl's cybernetic arm (which I was going to drop off somewhere for Dynyl because fuck y'all I'm lazy)

It could be the cybernetic arm, but I honestly don't see that breaking Vernon entirely; Wouldn't it just make it a Generic Item if the code was broken?

EDIT; Installed the 0.21 Starcheat, now Vernon is completely poof.

#2 Not A President, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
  3. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Did you use starcheat to equip techs? Because I havent tested recently, but I'm pretty sure that can break a player file. The items wouldn't be the ones to break it unless you screwed up REAL bad and somehow wrote some LUA code into a weapon to break hte game. My advice would be to first try and unequip/remove all techs from him in starcheat, fully, so that he doesnt know them even, save and try again, and if that doesnt work....Make him again?

G'luck

4. Not A President

I fixed it by getting an old SBSE backup I made that day.
    *woo*

But I do also think it was a bug with the techs. I tried to fix it, but it kept saying Starcheat has crashed.
    Hence the title.
    :(((((99