1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Old screenshots.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tatsumi, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Tatsumi

Tatsumi New Member

I'm interested in seeing pics of some of the old colonies or factions, I.E Tetanus Fields, Alioth Prime, New Chicago, The Order, anything you've got really I'm intrigued to see.

2. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

The Boneyard basically looks like a smaller version of Tetanus. I don't have any screenshots.

3. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Shit, I don't think I have the old freezer, mattis, or marathon screened. I don't got any others either.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

[​IMG]

Old Salazar Inn.

Attached Files:

5. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

View attachment 3617
    Posted this to the IG picture thread before. In context, this was when Smokestack was suffering from lung cancer, and wore a respirator, ventilation set on his back. This is New Chicago after being bombed by the Outcasts, so everyone was on edge and wore armor. Hilarity ensued as a hero comes by to save the day.

Attached Files:

6. Dodec1

Dodec1 New Member

Attached Files:

7. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

Attached Files:

8. Tatsumi

Tatsumi New Member

Exactly what I wanted, thanks guys.
    There needs to be more colonies, to give some more variety.

Those outfits look awesome dude.

9. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

More colonies serve to divide the population further, so I'd be inclined to disagree with you.

10. Tatsumi

Tatsumi New Member

And is the population really not divided even when on the same colony? People split up into little groups, it's sort of intimidating for new players.
    I'd think if you had more colonies, you could easily go to those colonies and engage in the RP with everyone there instead of wondering around Katune or sitting at the bar there or where ever else.
    I might be wrong but I'm basing this off of experience, anytime I go to a place like the boneyard when there's only 3 or so people there, something engaging goes on that includes everyone there. And don't get me wrong I've tried to join in on peoples RP in Katune and it just isn't easy, they're usually busy with each other and that's fine.

11. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

My point is that if there's more places for people to be, there'll be less people in each place.

12. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

It's fine if y'want to RP with USAF ppls. We're all nice.

13. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

It true fact :cool:

14. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Oh boy da feels. Such good memories. I wish muh Shadowstep were still here with us.

15. Tatsumi

Tatsumi New Member

I'm actually in the USAF, new recruit.

16. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I see you ignore New Chicago from this list.

17. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

New Chicago was already posted, but if you care enough: [​IMG]
    there you go

18. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I have a whole lot of screens, but am missing a bunch. When I first started playing on server so very long ago I had a different computer. I'm not dedicated enough to look through all my moving boxes to find my old hard drive, so this is what you get. I wish I had taken more, but the bulk of my screenshots these days are less from roleplay and more for general building stuff and screenshotting questionable content back before our log tools were decent. Here are some harmless ones of older places.

This was Alioth Prime before we had a name for it. One of the universe wipes came down during it's creation, so after we wiped, thats when Alioth became a thing. We however had a whole lot of roleplay here.

[​IMG]
    Hawke's old Hotel, which was crazy big. I admittedly only took this screen because where Jay and Hawke were standing it looked like they fused into some horrible mutant avian.
    [​IMG]
    The spa area, aka where Waterswimmer always was when she wasn't patching people up at the hospital.
    [​IMG]
    My sweet digs equip with a robo-chicken butler. You will be missed Clucksworth.
    [​IMG]
    My robo-chicken mob squad. Paid with pixels and stolen booze from Hawke's hotel, they were as loyal as they were effective. Which is to say not very. They did say rude things to trespassers in binary though. Also metal beaks hurt.
    [​IMG]
    Lark's lil temple home/blacksmith place. Humble beginnings as they went on to have the Temple on Alioth.
    It was a Hylotl/Avian world. Had alot of good folks working to build it. Most of these screens are from post Fungus Plague Alioth, which people who have been here a longer time may recall that event. Lasted a loooong time.
    [​IMG]
    Beamdown prior to plague death.
    [​IMG]
    Beam down post plague.

[​IMG]
    Twitch's, Jay's, and Chronicle's house.

Alioth had a very very large Avian Temple. So large i couldn't fit it in a screenshot even with a full zoom out mod.
    [​IMG]
    The Avian Tombs
    [​IMG]
    Main Temple
    [​IMG]
    Part of the Celestial Stairway
    [​IMG]
    The top of the Stairway (whew)
    The most recent version of Avalon which was linked earlier as well. Avalon saw several rebuilds due to universe wipes. It started out on the server as a place called Steel Valley.
    [​IMG]
    I was never really a fan of Fort Mattis, mostly because it wasn't much of a fort. Later colony Marathon served the fort idea much better... but wasn't a fort. Very confusing times.
    [​IMG]
    Just a space bar. No really, that was basically it. It shared the same vibe as Avalon, as you can see in the screen.
    [​IMG]
    I can't for the life of me recall it's name. I want to say the Jade Dragon or Jade Serpent... Jade something. It was a nice little restaurant with dark mysterious secrets. Don't order the special.
    [​IMG]
    The industrial steampunk wonderland with lots of fun backstory and flavor... that hardly anyone ever did anything with which was sad. If you see people mention the Holy Fleet times, they are likely thinking of this place as they came in and became cops for a bit.
    [​IMG]
    Skarti's temporary home.
    [​IMG]
    Old Floran crew going around causing mischief. I think I clogged up the toilets with mud and meat bits for willingly serving hylotls food.
    [​IMG]
    Someone decided to blow themselves up at the beam pad. Very unsanitary.

[​IMG]
    Our old Mob HQ. Simpler times back then. I considered remaking Vinnie, but they took out his hat, so I couldn't have the same look. RIP Italian stereotype.
    [​IMG]
    A nice huge shot of Liberty Mills. I think I took it to get a sense of scale of how big the airship I was commissioned to build was... which was really big (its the one in the top mid). Never actually finished it. I also happened to catch some people breaking into Sen's shop, for reasons in the screen. Insert Cops theme here.
    One of the United System's many colonies. This was really the last big one the core group had before things got wonky.
    [​IMG]
    The dreaded entryway gate. Pay no mind to these in no way disguised people.
    Still to this day my favorite Floran settlement.
    [​IMG]
    This was the highly promoted, slightly attended Battle to the "Death" between Hawke and Chief Firedrinker.
    I wasn't very fond of this colony's design only due to what it was suppose to be. It always came across looking like a weird avian theme park.
    [​IMG]
    This however was their nice hotel/apartment.
    Home of a floran tribe and the original Order
    [​IMG]
    Nothing to see here.
    [​IMG]
    The floran side of things.
    I never really went to Tetanus until it had been wiped several times. This was version 4, which I helped construct a big chunk of.
    [​IMG]
    Back when we had wipe issues and no access to backups other than Kaz, when TF wiped we rebuilt something simple so people could just roleplay. I'm not good at making small simple things, so I whipped this up real quick for people.

[​IMG]
    The slums.
    [​IMG]
    Beam in/dirty nasty bar thing.
    [​IMG]
    Old hospital, before it got funding.
    [​IMG]
    Spinemunch's hanging garden.
    Resort world for all those Liberty Mills peeps.
    [​IMG]
    Just Moonie, mooning people.
    [​IMG]
    Sen's old ship, which not many people got to see. Though I took this screen for one of my favorite quotes that never took off. See if you can find it.

19. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

Well, I found one screenshot from an asteroid colony I made a year ago - although it never really got any visitors.
    [​IMG]
    Kinda glad it never took off now. Judging from this, it was awful.
    EDIT: I just remembered what was happening here. These NPCs were managing to clone themselves every so often.

Also found a screenshot of Valentine Songbird's ship.
    [​IMG]
    what was I thinking when I made that?

#19 meanwhile, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015
  20. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

THATS MEEEEEEEEEEEE Omg those were the friggin good old days