1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Old, grumpy drill sergeant idea

Discussion in 'Character Discussion' started by Haplap, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

In the servers recent downtime, I've been thinking about some characters to make. The idea that I like the most so far is Abraham Hartman, a grumpy old drill instructor wandering around, lost after the destruction of earth. He is very conservative and racist, likely to insult the other races right to their face, and complain about what happened to the good old times! The idea is still rather rough, but imagine some Full Metal Jacket type shenanigans (Following the obvious reference)

One problem I've encountered with this is, what year did the earth get rekt? Was it close enough he could've fought in a recent war and still be alive? He needs to have fought in war so he can tell those damn kids the what for! So yeah an answer for that would help! Also any comments on the character would be cool I guess.

2. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

I'm some kind of weirdo military enthusiast who's also considering joining the armed forces(for those of you who didn't know, yes Canada actually has a military.) I love this idea, though I think you should tweak one lil' detail - change the last name. Also, if he was in the USCM, PM me and I can set you up with some items and such that he would more than likely have if he kept anything from his Marine days. Marine drill instructors are the best, and sadistic as fuck.
    PS (also feel free to ask any questions or anything, I love discussing anything related to the topic of warfare)
    PS PS going to bed
    PS PS PS earth did indeed get rekt somewhere around ~2407, that be eight years ago