1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Okay, so I've been doing some reading, and I need some help here.

Discussion in 'Character Discussion' started by Eilik, Feb 2, 2015.

?

Which character concept would YOU rather me play?

1. X-37A - Glitch Barkeep/Architect/Guard (Ex-military)

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Eilik - Novakid Extraordinaire (Thinks he can do anything, really cannot)

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Dmitri - Apex Scientist

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. Coralus - Hylotl Merchant

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. Hark - Avian Warrior/Advisor

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  6. Fire-singer - Floran Bandit/Pirate/all around bad guy (Though, subtly when he can.)

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  7. Callum - Human Engineer/Explorer

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Eilik

Eilik New Member

I've noticed that there are a LOT of novakids here, and while I like it, I really don't want to add to it. As much as I've wanted to RP the character concept I've had since I heard of the novakids, I also wish to lessen how many novakids are running amok. So, here's my pickle. I need help deciding on a character, so I'm holding a poll. Each one of these has a character concept behind them, but I want to see what most people find interesting, as if I start wanting to play a character, I wish to be able to easily find RP. Well, easier, not necessarily having it fall into my lap. (as much as I love when that happens)

So, vote away, please, I hope that I can appease people, I am fairly flexible when it comes to my RP.

2. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I am interested in hearing more about the hylotl and glitch, assuming you have more to then then the summary.

3. Eilik

Eilik New Member

X-37A - A knight for a faction of Glitch outside of the Antares system, he was separated from the glitch hivemind after an attack on the colony. He boarded an escape craft, and arrived in the Antares system, looking to start anew. He acts like a grizzled veteran, though is a kind soul, he can be a bit blunt at times, and won't hesitate to smack someone for stupidity.

Dmitri - An Apex Scientist researching technology and the different ways races advance theirs. Technically also an engineer, but he prefers scientist.

Coralus - Living peacefully on his own on an aquatic planet, he's a craftsman, and merchant, selling anything from food to clothes to weapons or armor. He's a gentle soul and helps out those he can. He's currently reaching out, growing tired of living alone.

Hark - A wise Grounded, he actually is against the idea that Kluex is real, and even if his god is, he will do all he can to prove otherwise, whether it be loud arguments, or going to an Apex to help prove with science. An honorable and wise soul, he helps out those that are weaker than their adversaries.

Fire-singer - Manipulative and looking out for his own, he doesn't care what happens to others as long as he's in a nice place. He won't necessarily shoot you in the face, but better keep your meals prepared in front of your eyes, he's a clever one with weapons, and words.

Callum - Growing up on a moon base, Callum felt like most humans, there had to be more in the galaxy. And so, when he had saved up enough money, he put in his two weeks notice, and left to explore the universe's vastness. He's still being looked for, because his two weeks was a smoke screen fastened from a can of air freshener, and two knocked out guards.

Eilik (He has a seperate thread to his idea)

These are just small summaries of the ideas, of course, there will be more added. Just at the moment to save space, here's bare minimums.

#3 Eilik, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
  4. Eilik

Eilik New Member

So far it's a 4 way tie between Apex, Hylotl, Avian, and Floran.

5. Eilik

Eilik New Member

It's looking like hylotl, I will play all these characters, I'm just trying to figure out which to main. I was torn between all of them, but hylotl and the grizzled old glitch were a bit tied. Just yell at me if you want to RP with any specific one, and I'll do my best. I gotta do some progression to get items for them.

6. Eilik

Eilik New Member

Okay, so Novakid and Hylotl are tied...

7. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

I'm liking your Hark character!

8. Eilik

Eilik New Member

Okay, so after a day of sitting the poll results are: Coralus, and Eilik. So guess I'll pop back and forth between my novakid and my Hylotl.

9. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

I'm late to chime in, but I agree on Coralus. I love seeing merchants. Negotiations, deals, commerce, lots of interaction, and you get to speak plenty too. Which are a lot of the things you want. It gives a lot more room for groth and character development because it builds on who you interact with while Eilik would be more brash and stuck in his ways believing he can do everything but nothing.

10. Eilik

Eilik New Member

Well, that's the thing, he's not necessarily stuck in his ways, he is a person (I think novakid are people) so, if he was corrected, then yeah, he's going to realize he's not the best at it, and actually strive to learn it. The way I see Eilik is more of an eccentric help-all personality, he thinks he can do it, when really he can't. And when corrected he may feel bad, and attempt to repay the mess-up in a different way, with something he KNOWS how to do 100%.

However, thinking about it more, and in the process of building Coralus' home anyway, I'll play Eilik sure, but I will focus on Coralus, especially if people want to RP with me on him.