1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Officer Valkyrie's Personal Log

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by Krug, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Krug

Krug New Member

((This message would also appear on Star net to anyone who could decode it or guess the password)
    Username: Icarus
    Password: *Hint: Fire
    Hephaestus

..........Accessing information on Quentin Valkyrie..........

29/11
    Loading Log One
    'Hello!'
    Corporal MacDougal said I should start keeping a log. Something about future generations. Well, I'm starting today. Everybody in high command seems jumpy. Like they've just seen a ghost. Not MacDougal though. Glad I'm under him. Heard Irving from boot camp got put into Sander's Infantry. Poor bastard.

15/12
    Loading Log Two
    'Getting Cold Out'
    Starting to get pretty cold. Still, MacDougal is still running our regular drills plus a few extra. Maybe he's getting us ready for joint training in the Spring. Oh, good news! Found out my squad's getting transferred to New York in a few days. I'm gonna try to get some leave to see the ball drop in Times Square. Oh. Gotta go, more drills

25/12
    'Merry Fucking Christmas'
    I barely made it out. Fucking Calamari coming out of the sky. They ripped THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING OUT OF THE GROUND. Goddamnit! Fuck! MacDougal, me, and two other guys got out of base before

13/2
    'Better News'
    Macdougal and I found Irving's squad. We're gonna try to make it to a nearby USCM base. Most everybody's been dead and we've been on the run. Those tentacle monsters hit the East Coast hard. Our C.O.s just made contact with us yesterday. They approved our retreat to the base. We also heard that they're working pretty hard to take back New York. Let's hope it works

15/3
    'Title Missing'
    Macdougals dead

15/4
    'Tentacles'
    That's what they're calling them now, oficially. It happened at night. We were going in shifts. Before we even knew what happened, half of us were dead. Macdougal got impaled. He died trying to save some poor private. Neither of them made it. We're getting close to base, though. Not too many in high command radio checking with us anymore, but I heard they made it onto Manhattan.

27/4
    'Arrival'
    We made it. Everything is how we imagined. Clean, well armed, plenty of food. It can't last. Irving agreed. A few of us are gonna try and take a ship, get off-world. Irving has a cousin who owns a resort on one of the colonies, we can stay there for a while. Okay, I've gotta go. It's starting.

28/4
    'Departure'
    I made it. We got caught in the loading bay. Only Irving and I got to the ship, the rest of them got caught, they'll be dead by morning. Everyone knows the price for deserting in wartime.

Earth is dead. Millions of years of culture and evolution. Gone in a few short months.

1/6
    'Signing off'
    This is gonna a be my last log. We're out of fuel. Irving didn't have the mind left in him to keep going. He shot himself in the head. I sent his body out the airlock with a few of the fake flowers I snagged from New York before.....I'm going into cryo-sleep. I don't expect to wake up.
    I don't want to die

#1 Krug, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2015