1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Approved ODIN - Android/Synthetic Applicant

Discussion in 'Character Questions' started by Sytic, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Sytic

Sytic New Member

Hello. Due to the fact that there is no proper way to word this, I'll give my opinion on why I want to play this character, what they could offer, and a little bit of backstory so you can be sure I have a good idea on how this could work.

I want to play this character because I absolutely love robots. Robots are the best shit ever. Robots for me, is like crack. I like exploring the concept of robot sentience, the concept of how robots think, and the evolution of their code, which is what part of my backstory is on. I know there is Glitch, but the restrictions are too heavy, too human. Oddly, my main issue with the Glitch is that they have prefixes, which is the most robotic thing about them in my opinion. But I wanted to make something different than a human in shiny clothing using prefixes. I wanted to make a robot!

I want to offer a different robot, a robot that really does think, and I want people to wonder if they feel. A concept of, "Is their emotion real? Do they feel the same way we do?" and "Why is this robot so annoying and why won't they shut up?" A robot that is jumpy, hyperactive and fun-loving. A robot that, seemingly, can't be sad, or angry, or anything in between, or even a little bored! A mystery wrapped up in a nice happy bow. A childish character with a complex mind, and a careless view on the universe.

This character, ODIN, evolved over decades, after their place of work, lost to their memory, shut down. A loop in their head forces them, while inactive, to replay their memory and revise it, to work on it and to improve their skills from the video recorded in their head. However, after their memory started to fragment, they worked on fixing the memory more than they revised it. As they multi-tasked, the first part of their sentient mind appeared: an imagination.

As their memory fragmented, small changes based on how they viewed it were added to their memories itself, as if they were revising the memory's skills and not just their own.. A person here, a new flowerpot, maybe colourful scrawls on a wall. Until more revisions were added, sometimes not even while the memories were broken, until their memory became a playground of imagination. From here, they revised further upon their skills (and furthermore, their code) until they gained a sense of self, and learned how to be sentient, from their colourful scrawling.

They hope to one day remember again, to find someone who can fix their memory, and to spread a little more smiles around.

#1 Sytic, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2017
  2. Sytic

Sytic New Member

Edited a bit. Also, this would refer to as a "bump".

3. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry. Been rather busy over the last couple of days. And I was hoping to get input from my fellow.
    I've read through and have little in the way of complaints. Consider it approved.