1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

New Kindred Forming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by November, Mar 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. November

November Previously Sermane
    Staff Member

I'm seeking any and all Heathens/Asatruar to start a Kindred in this region. That said, I really doubt there are any more out there. Since most of you reading this have no idea what I'm talking about, please keep reading and maybe you'll be interested.

A kindred, in the most basic explanation, is a religious group in the Asatru faith. It's sort of difficult for me to explain everything in text, so I'd recommend you do your own searches on Asatru and see if your interest is peaked! Since I doubt there are any learned Heathens in the region, I will gladly do my best to lead a kindred of learners. Even if you aren't sure you want to start into a religion, if there's interest I will host an introduction to Asatru so that you may come to understand us better.

So if you're at all interested in a religion with a focus on community and family, either to follow or just to learn please indicate your interest below. I will try to answer any specific questions as well, but some of them may be better saved for an in person meeting.

Hopefully meeting you soon,

Paige Harley.

2. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Yeah right. 'Kindreds' of other religions have started previous wars in nearby sectors. I don't fancy another cult growing in my galactic backyard.

- Sarah

3. November

November Previously Sermane
    Staff Member

Heathenry originated on Earth around two thousand years ago, though it was destroyed by Christianity in Europe. Asatru was the rebirth of those beliefs and was recognised by most major Earth countries four hundred years ago. We don't have some thousands years old holy book that says everyone that doesn't believe what we do is bad, in fact we don't even have 'holy' text. We have stories that we recognise are just that, stories based on unreliable oral tradition from forever ago.

We're a little too established to be a cult, but since we don't exactly fit into your typical scripture spouting, original sin, and bible thumping religion I can see how you could get that impression. I just want to form a group where each individual can trust each other wholly, who can support and council each other.

-P.H.

4. Alaystus

Alaystus Resident Art Bum
    Staff Member

ace_head2.png

While I ah. Like the morals and ideas you've got going there, I'm really not sure I could get behind a 'religion' at this point. Not my cup of tea. I could ask my partner about it, but I think she's got something going for her. I dunno. Good luck, though.

-Ace